Vegetables in MDR

Suzieanna

[quote name='Suzieanna']This may have been asked before, I searched but did not find!

So, my husband always thinks there isn't enough veg on his plate. Can you ask for a plate of veg like you can in a land restaurant?

thanks[/QUOTE]

We ask for an extra small plate for each night. Never enough veggies for us.

Be careful what you ask for. My husband made a comment to the head waiter on the second night on the FOS about getting a little more veggies with his gluten free meal and ended up with a giant bowl/plate of veggies for the next few nights. He casually mentioned not needing them and they kept coming. He finally came straight out and said not to bring them on the last night.

I'm not complaining about getting special service. Our MTD dining team where excellent. But it was just silly the amount of veggies they were bringing him.

I had a similar experience on DCL as well. I got a plate of grilled veggies every night as an extra side dish.

On Carnival, I sometimes asked for a specific veggie side dish that was on the menu accompanying a different entrée. It was never an issue.

[quote name='shanley']Be careful what you ask for. My husband made a comment to the head waiter on the second night on the FOS about getting a little more veggies with his gluten free meal and ended up with a giant bowl/plate of veggies for the next few nights. He casually mentioned not needing them and they kept coming. He finally came straight out and said not to bring them on the last night.

I'm not complaining about getting special service. Our MTD dining team where excellent. But it was just silly the amount of veggies they were bringing him.

I had a similar experience on DCL as well. I got a plate of grilled veggies every night as an extra side dish.

On Carnival, I sometimes asked for a specific veggie side dish that was on the menu accompanying a different entrée. It was never an issue.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. One night my entrée came with sautéed mushrooms. When ordering I said "yum, I love sautéed mushrooms". That's it nothing more. When our waiter brought out our entrees the assistant waiter followed with a large bowel of sautéed mushrooms. Yikes, It's a good thing my wife and I both like them. Edited by davekathy

Ask to your hearts content! My DH gets a plate of cheese & crackers after his meal. We both like our coffee as soon as we sit down. I sometimes order 2 desserts. I eat only veggies also. These requests are made on first night and the waiter always remembers each night.