Tahitian Princess Tours

CurleyfromFL

We're not going until next year, but from what I've been told, you can do either. Looks like if you book at the docks, you have a better selection and it's a bit cheaper...sometime a lot cheaper. Check out these boards for info on Marc's motu picnic, Bruno's tour, good places to snorkel, etc.

book onshore!!! on Moorea, Bora Bora and Raiatea, there will be vendors for all kinds of sea and shore excursions. On Huahine, I would suggest that you book ahead via email with Marc's. It was the most fun we have ever had on an excursion. We have never actually made it onshore at Rarotonga so I can't help you there.

Thanks Laura for the information on booking onshore. We are also going to Hiva Ova and Nuku Hiva do you know if you can book on shore there? We are not going yo Huahine. All of the tours in Hiva Ova off of the ship are all booked. Thank you for all of the information. JOHN

• 3 weeks later...

We just did the Marquesas and many of the tours were sold out by the time people got on board. The Nuku Hiva ones (there are only two different tours) were completely sold out. People got on waiting lists on some and did finally get on some.

So glad to hear that trips are available at the piers. Does anyone know if you can rent motorcycles on any of these islands? My husband has this idea that it would be a lot of fun driving a motorcycle around these islands. We have an old Honda in the garage that has not seen the light of day in years

On Moorea it will depend on where Anchorage is.

2 years ago, we anchored and tendered into Opunohu Bay and there were many tours available. Many vendors of goods. And a rental car agency with cars at the tender pier.

On the October 11th 2005, cruise we anchored off of Cook's Bay and there wasn't as much available.

Hi - This will be our 3rd trip on the Tahitian Princess. From what I have seen of drivers and traffic in FP, I would not recommend renting scooters. It would be too dangerous.

In Rarotonga, however, I would highly recommend renting scooters. We spent 3 weeks there a few years ago and travelling around by scooter was both fun and safe. You need to get a license from the Police Station when you arrive. The hilarious part is that you can pick up your scooter first, drive it to the Police Station and then get your license. That's the South Pacific in a nutshell!!

Hope this helps.

Archived