San Francisco Dim Sum lunch needed

walkabout07

We like New Asia on Pacific. We figure it's good as we are usually the only gringos in the place. They will only roll over the gringo stuff, need to flag down the others. Bathrooms are upstairs, no idea if there is an elevator.

Can anyone recommend an inexpensive dim sum restaurant (hopefully with carts) for some rookies to try in San Francisco?
I love the push cart approach because you can see what to eat like a buffet.

Do understand the better places have you picking items off the menu. This way the food is cooked to order and not sitting in a cart for too long.

Here's my personal favorite...

http://www.yelp.com/biz/good-luck-dim-sum-san-francisco

Looks like a dive...

No carts, no real service...You stand in line, order at the counter...hope to find a table...

But the food is SO good...

And it is incredibly cheap...I've gone with three of us, spent $20 and then had to take half of what we ordered home in a box...

It's also a little bit out of the way for those staying in the typical hotel areas...but, if you have a car or you are out that way...

I love the push cart approach because you can see what to eat like a buffet.

Do understand the better places have you picking items off the menu. This way the food is cooked to order and not sitting in a cart for too long.

I would disagree completely that the better places have you picking off a menu. There many, if any, waiter served restaurant for Hong Kong style dim sum in SF that are better than Yank Sing, either for food or ambiance. I like Dragon Beaux a lot, but it is out in the Richmond District.

A place like Good Luck is good (I like Good Mong Kok Bakery better), but that is a counter serve restaurant, no carts, no waiters.

We like New Asia on Pacific. We figure it's good as we are usually the only gringos in the place. They will only roll over the gringo stuff, need to flag down the others. Bathrooms are upstairs, no idea if there is an elevator.

No elevator. Been to many a banquet there.

Here's my personal favorite...

http://www.yelp.com/biz/good-luck-dim-sum-san-francisco

Looks like a dive...

No carts, no real service...You stand in line, order at the counter...hope to find a table...

But the food is SO good...

And it is incredibly cheap...I've gone with three of us, spent $20 and then had to take half of what we ordered home in a box...

It's also a little bit out of the way for those staying in the typical hotel areas...but, if you have a car or you are out that way...

Chicken feet! Yummy!

o.jpg.6f4df6f66edf7798e72cc3ef46056b3f.jpg