Port or starboard side on Breeze for w carribean trip

seavino

We have 2 rooms on Breeze both balcony rooms, one on each side..9275 and 9276. Which would you prefer for sitting on balcony with morning coffee and taking in best views of port? Kids in one room, us in another...I will enjoy it more. :) We have never cruised to grand Cayman or Jamaica ports on prior trips. Thanks!

I personally would choose Starboard. The Port side promenade on deck 5 is a smoking area so I wouldn't want a balcony too close to it. The Starboard side of the open deck on 11 is a smoking area but I don't see that affecting any of the cabins.

Everyone always says it depends on which pier you dock at and how the captain pulls the ship in. That being said, all of our cruises but a couple have been on balconies and we prefer port side because that side tends to face the port. We have tried both sides but it seems like the captain tries to make sure the port side faces the port. You will hear the naysayers say otherwise but our experiences seem to favor port side facing the port. We love people watching and seeing the last minute runners getting cheered on as they try to make it on the ship before it leaves. Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise. :)

I personally would choose Starboard. The Port side promenade on deck 5 is a smoking area so I wouldn't want a balcony too close to it. The Starboard side of the open deck on 11 is a smoking area but I don't see that affecting any of the cabins.

This. I would think deck 11 smoking wouldn't really matter, since smoke rises. Would stay away from the port side.

Thanks for the responses! Either way it will be great but I think I will make the port side ours. Love people watching! Being on 9 hopefully the smoke will disappear by the time it reaches us. Ready to leave the Minnesota winter for warm and sun!

I haven't been on the Breeze yet, we will be on her over spring break. But I've been on her sister ship, the Dream, that has the same deck plans and layout. We were on deck 9 port side and never noticed any smoke at all from deck 5. :) I've actually never smelled smoke out on our balcony on a moving cruise ship because of the wind. However, I have smelled smoke from people on the balcony next door while we were docked in port. But now that smoking isn't allowed in most rooms and you have to smoke only in designated spaces that shouldn't be a problem.

my wife will be on the Breeze later this year and our travel agent put us on empress deck 7 in the middle on starboard side. She said she likes to put her clients in middle near elevator so don't have to walk long hallway and also deck 7 is only a couple of decks up or down to where you want to go in most cases

I haven't been on the Breeze yet, we will be on her over spring break. But I've been on her sister ship, the Dream, that has the same deck plans and layout. We were on deck 9 port side and never noticed any smoke at all from deck 5. :) I've actually never smelled smoke out on our balcony on a moving cruise ship because of the wind. However, I have smelled smoke from people on the balcony next door while we were docked in port. But now that smoking isn't allowed in most rooms and you have to smoke only in designated spaces that shouldn't be a problem.

Smoking isn't permitted in any guest cabins, but unfortunately, people still smoke on their balconies.

You have a 50/50 chance of facing the dock...sometimes they back in...sometimes, they pull in...and sometimes, there's another ship between you and land....

The captain tries to give equal time to each side of the ship, when possible It's not always up to him.