Chair hogs on Glory

Bob NC

I have this dream that a past or future chair hogger will read a chair hog thread, get that uncomfortable feeling called guilt, and be forever changed.

Or, at least someone will feel emboldened to move towels on their next cruise.

Sadly, there are probably just as many newbies who read the thread and say, "I didn't know I had to save chairs!" :rolleyes:

They are all over, seen them on our Dream cruise last week. It was about every 4 chairs were empty, when we decided to use them we just observed the longest vacant chairs and them moved everything and gave the towels to the attendant, funny that nobody came back for them.....????:mad: :rolleyes:

On our last port day took the cake IMHO, they had all the chairs occupied with towel animals, was cool to see that, BUT some jacka$$ moved 3 of them so he could, guess what, place towels on them.................:mad: I notified an attendant and he made him move until the event was over.....:D

Come on people is a chair that important one have to lay during the towel animal takeover to show ones knobby knees and old man leather skin, give me a break...............sad what some will do..........

The problem is not limited to Carnival. On Celebrity, not only were they chair hogs at the pools, but in the theatre we would see one individual sit down and try to 5 or more additional chairs. We also found this problem in the buffet.

I once sat down at a table with food, and an elderly woman came over and pulled out a chair with her bag on it, stating that this would reserve her table. I told her that she could certainly leave her bag and I would watch it, but the table was not reserved.

The problem is a general lack of courtesy that we have seen in society.

I'm sure. I've heard the same complaints from Princess cruisers. But that doesn't make it any less annoying.

I thought it was worse on Princess because people aren't held accountable for the towels so they just leave them on the chairs when they are done. You can't tell if someone just neglected to pick up after themselves or they are using and/or saving the chair for later.