Majesty of the Seas

jonesca2

I just got off the Majesty on Friday.

The Compass Deli is above the Windjammer on the left side behind Sorrento's Pizza. Johnny Rocket's is on the right side.

The Compass Deli becomes the Mexican restaurant at night.

Steve

Exactly where I expect to find the Compass Deli next week when I sail on her. Prior to the conversion of Compass Deli in the evening to a for fee Mexican restaurant (which I believe is all you can eat for a set fee) it was converted in the evening to Taste of Tuscany. We enjoyed the Taste of Tuscany experience on one of our previous sailings. It was a very interesting 5 course experience with a different wine served with each course and you had a cooking lesson along with it as well as a wine expert explaining the various wines. It was wonderful -- a little pricey, but for a specialty restaurant it was well worth it. Great food and wine!

The only thing I can figure is that the list I saw only included new builds without regards to ships previously in service that received refits. :confused:

Gotcha, they added two decks during refit. It's a shame the boilers exploded and ended her life a little early. Also a tragedy for for the crew lost

By the way John, I think it would be Rear Admiral and then Admiral...

And those cabins are small, but not as small as my first cruise, which was on Queen of Bermuda, built in the 50's...

Good luck on the promotion, Commodore.

OP, please take this complainers comments with a grain of salt. We ALWAYS make sandwiches in the Windjammer for lunch. You have a choice of several different kinds of rolls and plain bread along with several choices of lunch meats, cheeses, tomatoes, lettuce, condiments, etc.

As far as snacks late at night, we have our waiter bring us cookies/brownies before we leave the dining room to bring back to our cabin at night! They're more than happy to keep us well fed! I don't have a Cruise Compass from our last cruise in September but I think the café in the Solarium is open later in the evening too (I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong on that!).

I take exception to being called a complainer. It may sound like it but I was just stating my experiences from my 2 January cruises on the Majesty. This board is to inform people about the ships and that's what I am doing. Take my advice or disregard my comments- it doesn't matter to me. I may be more critical than some people, but after 80 cruises (NONE OF WHICH RECEIVED A REVIEW LIKE THIS) I feel like I can give an honest opinion.

The cruise director was Jayce. He wasn't a bad cruise director. Just his scheduling was terrible.

I am not familiar at all with a CD named Jayce and have been following the CD thread on Cruise Critic for quite awhile. Are you sure that was the persons name?

Which sailing on Her Majesty were you on? The original post you put up in this thread was from January 29, 2016 -- so was it a recent cruise on Her Majesty that you were commenting on.

I am not familiar at all with a CD named Jayce and have been following the CD thread on Cruise Critic for quite awhile. Are you sure that was the persons name?

Which sailing on Her Majesty were you on? The original post you put up in this thread was from January 29, 2016 -- so was it a recent cruise on Her Majesty that you were commenting on.

Sorry but I gave you Jaycee- he was the cruise director on the Carnival Dream. The cruise director for my two January 2016 cruises was a woman, She was so memorable, I forgot her name.

Sorry but I gave you Jaycee- he was the cruise director on the Carnival Dream. The cruise director for my two January 2016 cruises was a woman, She was so memorable, I forgot her name.

That was Simona. I was on the February 1 sailing, and my wife's biggest complaint was the scheduling of events.

Steve

I thought compass deli was one of the spaces slated for a do over into a new venue. But maybe that changed when they scaled back the refurb plans.

I always enjoy Compass. But it never seems like that many people know about it.

Yes because of the do-over plans, that's why I asked.

No Flowrider on Majesty. Maybe they are trying to discourage kids

The truth about Her Majesty is she is older and small.....and too small for them to invest in putting a Flowrider on. Having just come off of the 4 day cruise on her, over a holiday week when parents might be very willing to take their children out of school....the ship was totally full with the only cabin not booked, Royal Family Suite. Their were plenty of kids, so the lack of a Flowrider, surely had no impact on the decision to cruise on her.

And the pools are too small for any water slides to dump into.

Steve

Water slides don't have to end in a pool and actually most water slides end in a small water reservoir. They had planned to add a water slide to Her Majesty during the upcoming refurb, when the refurb was going to be much more extensive. Then the plan changed, for whatever reason corp had.

Water slides don't have to end in a pool and actually most water slides end in a small water reservoir. They had planned to add a water slide to Her Majesty during the upcoming refurb, when the refurb was going to be much more extensive. Then the plan changed, for whatever reason corp had.

I know they planned it. I'm wonder that after studying it, they realized it was infeasible.

The pool section is tiny; there are two small pools with two hot tubs between them. Each pool has a metal barrier running through it to separate the child section, as there is no room for a children-only or adult-only pool. The forward section is the sports area and is enclosed for wind protection. The aft is the Windjammer.

The engine stack and the upper lounge take up the rest of deck 11.

There just doesn't appear to be enough room on the Majesty for these things.

Steve

I know they planned it. I'm wonder that after studying it, they realized it was infeasible.

The pool section is tiny; there are two small pools with two hot tubs between them. Each pool has a metal barrier running through it to separate the child section, as there is no room for a children-only or adult-only pool. The forward section is the sports area and is enclosed for wind protection. The aft is the Windjammer.

The engine stack and the upper lounge take up the rest of deck 11.

There just doesn't appear to be enough room on the Majesty for these things.

Steve

Corp probably did plenty of studies before releasing the information that the waterslide was going to be added.....if it wasn't feasible they would have known it then. I believe there probably was another reason for their decision change.

As it is, the ship seems to attract lots of cruisers....whenever we have sailed on her (now 12 times) she always sails full. This past cruise there were less than 450 Crown and Anchor members of the 2572 passengers on board....so lots of newbies to Royal, if not cruising altogether.

As it is, the ship seems to attract lots of cruisers....whenever we have sailed on her (now 12 times) she always sails full. This past cruise there were less than 450 Crown and Anchor members of the 2572 passengers on board....so lots of newbies to Royal, if not cruising altogether.

Very true. I was on it for the February 1 cruise.

I had a theory for the popularity. First, it's perfect for first time cruisers because it runs alternating 3-day and 4-day cruises. Second, the short cruises are cheaper simply because of the fewer nights, making cruising affordable for a family. Third, the popularity of Miami has a large customer base, including tourists who might want to add a cruise onto a Florida vacation.

I hope it continues to do well when it moves to Canaveral after the drydock. I think RCCL might be moving a larger ship to Miami so they can bring the water slides to the market that might otherwise be burned out on the Majesty.

For me, it was my first cruise back in 2006, and I went on it again just to bump me to the next level before booking longer cruises. I'll probably never go on the Majesty again.

I am going to be a ship and/or destination cruiser now. My home port is now Galveston, so I'll be on the Liberty for awhile doing the western Caribbean ports. I may even cruise on the Wonder again in December, as it might be the last time it visits Galveston.

Steve

The truth about Her Majesty is she is older and small.....and too small for them to invest in putting a Flowrider on. Having just come off of the 4 day cruise on her, over a holiday week when parents might be very willing to take their children out of school....the ship was totally full with the only cabin not booked, Royal Family Suite. Their were plenty of kids, so the lack of a Flowrider, surely had no impact on the decision to cruise on her.

How was your JS

I'm sorry, my comment was tongue in cheek. I should have put some wink on there!

Paulette3028, was your cruise before or after her refurb? I am thinking her 1st 'new' cruise will be 27MAY and that will also be her maiden sailing out of PC.