Margaritaville on Escape - Updates?

projectorguy1

Getting ready to sail Saturday!!! Woo-Hoo!!!

Wondering if there were any updates on crowds, hours, etc. for Margaritaville.

Not planning many trips there with the a la carte pricing, but am interested in their drink menu, as well as breakfast there.

There have been conflicting reports about whether or not they are open for breakfast at all...

Any recent-cruiser first-hand updates?

I will post what we see when we return...

Edited by projectorguy1

Not planning many trips there with the a la carte pricing, but am interested in their drink menu, as well as breakfast there.

There have been conflicting reports about whether or not they are open for breakfast at all...

Last week, they were open from about 11 am to 5 pm or so. No breakfast whatsoever. Was mainly empty the times I walked by. Was a little busier the last sea day, but I wouldn't call it crowded by any means.

Last week, they were open from about 11 am to 5 pm or so. No breakfast whatsoever. Was mainly empty the times I walked by. Was a little busier the last sea day, but I wouldn't call it crowded by any means.

That's a shame - wasted space...the breakfast menu posted last month looked interesting...

No breakfast. Its such a waste of space in my opinion. We never saw many people there but we did order nachos on a sea day while we were drinking. They were good. They never played any music. I really dont understand why they wasted such a big area on a venue that is only open from 11 to 5 pm.

No breakfast. Its such a waste of space in my opinion. We never saw many people there but we did order nachos on a sea day while we were drinking. They were good. They never played any music. I really dont understand why they wasted such a big area on a venue that is only open from 11 to 5 pm.

I agree - no music, people just walk straight through the restaurant to get to where they need to go, bathing suit and all, horrible hours, high prices on menu...not a good use of space at all

Ate lunch there at 1230 on a sea day. There were only 2 other tables seated.

Three of us ordered nachos to start. The order came and was so huge that was our lunch. They were ok.

The atmosphere is certainly quiet if you want quiet time. Lame muzak that had nothing to do with Buffet. I remember hearing a cover of a U2 song you'd hear in the elevator to a doc's office.

I look at it as a place to eat lunch away from the crowds of the buffet. But Pinchos and Food Republic blow it away.

I think they had to make it a la carte - anytime we tried to go near it (we went when it was an included restaurant) it was always a 1-2 hour wait. It also created big lines and traffic jams because of where it is situated (right along the jogging track and where the stairs are to go to the slides/pool area). So while I understand why it makes some people mad I can understand why they had to do it.

That said I did get a chance to get a margarita from the bar and they are pretty good!

Edited by Kdiamond55

I think they had to make it a la carte - anytime we tried to go near it (we went when it was an included restaurant) it was always a 1-2 hour wait. It also created big lines and traffic jams because of where it is situated (right along the jogging track and where the stairs are to go to the slides/pool area). So while I understand why it makes some people mad I can understand why they had to do it.

That said I did get a chance to get a margarita from the bar and they are pretty good!

Yeah - when we were on the 3-day taster in November it was still included with the cruise fare. But, the wait was crazy... I can't believe NCL dropped the ball on getting the licensing in order. I think the same thing must have happened with SpongeBob and TMNT for the mini golf on the Escape. If you look at the original CGI pics, there was supposed to be a TMNT theme up there. Hmmm... Not sure what this new guy is doing, but I don't think I like it too much...

Sara

I was on it when it first got to Miami. We ate there free, and yes it was super packed.... I was surprised it was free in the first place. But to answer the original question, no on breakfast, conch fritters are good, not the best, but better than most places I've been in the Caribbean.... Off topic, stay away from Bayamo the Latin themed specialty restaurant! Totally fake, the food is horrible, the chef has been onboard several times to tweak the menu and recipe and can't seem to get it right. As a Cuban American, I feel insulted that some of the food is considered Cuban when it isn't!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

NCL screwed the pooch here. They should just pay JB his licensing fees and dump this venue and turn it into an outdoor grill that is included with the cruise fare like on their other ships.

I give it 6 months.........

I was on it when it first got to Miami. We ate there free, and yes it was super packed.... I was surprised it was free in the first place. But to answer the original question, no on breakfast, conch fritters are good, not the best, but better than most places I've been in the Caribbean.... Off topic, stay away from Bayamo the Latin themed specialty restaurant! Totally fake, the food is horrible, the chef has been onboard several times to tweak the menu and recipe and can't seem to get it right. As a Cuban American, I feel insulted that some of the food is considered Cuban when it isn't!

I adored our apps and entrees at Bayamo a few weeks ago! Maybe it was after the "tweaks" you mentioned.

I was just on the sailing last week... we went there around 3pm on the Tortola stop.. because the MDRs were closed.. and O'Sheehans was PACKED. MV was actually pretty busy.. it was empty a fair bit during most of the cruise.. but busier than I expected considering it had really limited hours and people putting up a stink over the charges. I thought the food was pretty good (nothing noteworthy) and the nachos.. best on the ship by far. The service was pretty average though. I agree.. a $5 or $6 cover charge would make the most sense (think JR on RCI)

Just what I observed :D

I think NCL really goofed by changing it to a pay venue after promising it free for a year. What a waste.

X 1000! I enjoyed our recent Escape cruise but the change of MV to ala carte still has me simmering.

Needless to say I didn't eat there the entire cruise and there weren't many people that seemed to choose to dine there; just my own observations of walking past venue on various sea days.

While I still don't agree that a $5 or $6 cover charge is the right thing to do either, I'd be more inclined to at least try it once if they instituted this charge/change to the pricing policy.

Stop by the District Brew House and say hi! I'll be the guy that always seems to be there when you walk by. :)

Let's do this!!

I'll be living there :) if you see a shorter guy in there with an IPA in his hand with a lady with brown curly hair...that's us! Late 30's and live for good times!

Say hello!

I'll be living there :) if you see a shorter guy in there with an IPA in his hand with a lady with brown curly hair...that's us! Late 30's and live for good times!

Say hello!

f3an15.jpg

Doug and Sue... walk up and say Hi!