Angled Cabin Feedback

stickey_mouse

Greetings. I just booked my first cruise with HAL, a roundtrip Inside Passage cruise from Vancouver. I booked cabin 8094, a Signature Suite (SY category), on the Noordam. I thought the angled cabin would be a good idea, as we have 3 adults in our room. I have seen pictures of similar rooms online, and I like the idea of the extra space near the veranda door for luggage, etc. The only thing that concerns me is the balcony itself. It seems it might be prone to more wind/weather exposure than standard side-facing cabins. However, I am not sure how windy it is in the inside passage anyway (one would think less so than on open sea?).

Does anybody have any special feelings- for or against- these angled rooms? Much appreciated!

We were in 6052 on the Noordam several years ago - in the Caribbean. Just loved the extra space the angle provides. We just dumped all our snorkeling stuff there. We had 8088 the following year (same ship) and really noticed the space difference. Can't help you with how windy it would be to Alaska,

Some friends were in 8099 (same slanted cabin on the starboard side) once and loved the space. If the ship is moving, there is a "wind" and the angled part of your balcony will catch it. You should have some calm at the bow end of your balcony due to the partition. The only balconies with no "wind" are those on the stern.:)

Perhaps, (depending on the temperature and "wind chill") when you aren't comfortable outside, you can move your chairs near the door for balcony viewing and just put your luggage under the beds.:):)

The views, while in port will be extensive and especially enjoyable if it's sunny.

Enjoy Alaska!

Cheers!

Edited by AZNative2000

Some friends were in 8099 (same slanted cabin on the starboard side) once and loved the space. If the ship is moving, there is a "wind" and the angled part of your balcony will catch it. You should have some calm at the bow end of your balcony due to the partition. The only balconies with no "wind" are those on the stern.:)

Perhaps, (depending on the temperature and "wind chill") when you aren't comfortable outside, you can move your chairs near the door for balcony viewing and just put your luggage under the beds.:):)

The views, while in port will be extensive and especially enjoyable if it's sunny.

Enjoy Alaska!

Cheers!

We were in SY 8099 (starboard side) on the Westerdam to Alaska (RT Seattle). When it was too windy or rainy we used the part of the balcony that was near the cabin partition forward. We loved the extra balcony and cabin space and having the slant/angle.

Edited by qsuzi

We were in SY 8099 (starboard side) on the Westerdam to Alaska (RT Seattle). When it was too windy or rainy we used the part of the balcony that was near the cabin partition forward. We loved the extra balcony and cabin space and having the slant/angle.

We too were in 8099 on an Alaskan cruise and loved it. Either were outside or we sat inside looking out - both were terrific and we'd book it again.

We will have 8099 on an upcoming cruise. We have never done this room before soI am happy other all these good reports.

Same here - we have 8094 on Zuiderdam next year and are really glad to hear the positive reports. :)

Edited by joepeka