Another Cancellation Question

Badfinger

Here are the details:

Early Saver. Paid $250 per person deposit. Final payment not due until March.

Cabin 1: Dad and son #2 (minor)

Cabin 2: Mom and son #1 (just turned 18 this week).

Each room has it's own booking number, but they were booked at the same time (online) and are linked.

If I cancel right now, I will lose $50 per person of the deposit, and the remainder of $200 per person will become credit to use on a future cruise, good for two years.

My question is.....if i was to book only one cabin on a future cruise for just Dad and son #1 (note the switch of sons) could I apply all $800 of the future cruise credit to this booking? Or would only $400 be applied? And if only $400, is it $200 per person (Dad and son #1), or the $400 from the original Cabin 1 booking (which was for Dad and son #2).

Thanks.

The future cruise credit is linked to the credit card used not the person. If you used your card then all the future credits would be yours to use within 24 months of cancellation. You cannot use them on your current though it has to be one in the future.

The future cruise credit is linked to the credit card used not the person. If you used your card then all the future credits would be yours to use within 24 months of cancellation. You cannot use them on your current though it has to be one in the future.

I am not sure if this is correct. I cancelled on a cruise that included my daughter, husband and I. I rebooked a different cruise with only my husband and I and could not use the $200 from my daughters payment even though I paid the entire amount on my credit card.

From Carnival

Cruise credits are issued in the name of the original payee, regardless of whether they were ever booked in the cancelled reservation.

For bookings paid with a travel agency credit card or check, the cruise credit will then be issued in the name of the cancelled guest.

Perhaps you booked through a travel agent ss70chev

I am not sure if this is correct. I cancelled on a cruise that included my daughter, husband and I. I rebooked a different cruise with only my husband and I and could not use the $200 from my daughters payment even though I paid the entire amount on my credit card.

I'm not sure how it is now, but a couple of years ago two of my cousins booked together had to cancel and I was able to fill out a form that transferred their remaining balance to me. So I was able to use the whole $400 ($200 from each). Now I can not remember what form but I do remember calling in and those were the instructions given to me. It may have changed but this was about maybe four years ago.

From Carnival

Cruise credits are issued in the name of the original payee, regardless of whether they were ever booked in the cancelled reservation.

For bookings paid with a travel agency credit card or check, the cruise credit will then be issued in the name of the cancelled guest.

Perhaps you booked through a travel agent ss70chev

Yes, I booked from a travel agent. This is good to know! :)

What if someone no longer has the same credit card that they used to book their cruise?

A friend of mine booked a cruise for her and her husband using early saver. She had to cancel because they decided to get divorced. She was told the $200 pp future cruise credit was in her name and that she could use the $400 to book another cruise with her and someone else.

Edited by cherbear4000

Also note that the "Credit" cannot be applied as the deposit.

You must make a full deposit first, then have the credit applied to the reservation.

I believe it's the case that if you Cancel and re-book at same time, the credit is applied to the new Deposit. That's been the case for us and our PVP claims it's standard procedure. Ken