Staple paper luggage tags?

NurseDave

We have been on 15 cruises - all NCL.

Before we leave home, I print out the luggage tags and fold them according to the instrux. They come out as long strips with several layers.

At hotel before we go to the port, I put the tags on our bags and staple the ends together (3-4 staples will do).

No problem at all. I carry a mini stapler in my bag when we travel to go on cruises.

Not an idea at all to put cruise tags on bags when flying. Just put them on bag when going to the ship.

I do same exact thing. Just use the front desk stapler. No need to laminate, tape etc. Worked perfectly over 20 Cruises

We have been on 15 cruises - all NCL.

Before we leave home, I print out the luggage tags and fold them according to the instrux. They come out as long strips with several layers.

At hotel before we go to the port, I put the tags on our bags and staple the ends together (3-4 staples will do).

No problem at all. I carry a mini stapler in my bag when we travel to go on cruises.

Not an idea at all to put cruise tags on bags when flying. Just put them on bag when going to the ship.

Perfect......we have done the same for all our NCL cruises...

Why the hassle of taping and putting in luggage tags..... I do not know!!!?? These are very tough and do not come apart!

Perfect......we have done the same for all our NCL cruises...

Why the hassle of taping and putting in luggage tags..... I do not know!!!?? These are very tough and do not come apart!

I wouldn't call the luggage tags that you print out your self on regular paper for tough... And if everybody started asking the porters at the port for the "old type" luggage tags instead of printing them out themselves, that would create "chaos" and long waiting lines just to deliver your suitcases before going to the check-in counter. ;)

Silly question. We're used to strong sticky luggage tags. We're flying in and I'm curious how/when you staple printed paper luggage tags on your bags. Obviously people don't bring a stapler to do this right before they get on and you can't fly with them on the bags.

Take them to Staples and get them laminated - it'll only cost a couple bucks. Then punch a hole in either end and bring a few zip ties with you and just attach them to your luggage when you leave for port.

We had a couple of days pre-cruise in Honolulu for a POA cruise.

We used the vinyl tags from the CC store and put them on the bags at our hotel. We also bought a case of bottled water from a local grocery store. I had printed a couple of tags on full-sheet label paper, then cut it to size & stuck the label on the shrink wrap for the case.

This might be a silly question regarding luggage tags.

I just printed mine and I didn't have a color ink. Luckily, my color is "Grey", so the color won't be off by too much. Will they go by the color or do they look at the "word" of the color? Should I reprint with color ink?

Thank you

I just printed mine and I didn't have a color ink. Luckily, my color is "Grey", so the color won't be off by too much. Will they go by the color or do they look at the "word" of the color? Should I reprint with color ink?

No need to print in color anyways, even less when your color is gray. :D

The color does not mean anything else than the ship you're going to so it only helps the porters to distinct the luggage if there are two NCL ships in the port at the same time and the textual color name works just fine for that.

Silly question. We're used to strong sticky luggage tags. We're flying in and I'm curious how/when you staple printed paper luggage tags on your bags. Obviously people don't bring a stapler to do this right before they get on and you can't fly with them on the bags.

I laminated mine at work, punch a hole in the top and use string or cable tie.

Seen to many fall off in the rain

Cheers

Mark

No need to print in color anyways, even less when your color is gray. :D

The color does not mean anything else than the ship you're going to so it only helps the porters to distinct the luggage if there are two NCL ships in the port at the same time and the textual color name works just fine for that.

Thank you very much!!