Luggage arrival question

butternutmomma

Hello everyone! First timer on DCL; trip rapidly approaching and I have been scouring various web sites to be as informed as I can be. I am wondering how soon does your luggage arrive to your stateroom once you are allowed in it? Should I consider a change of clothes in my carry-on for dinner? We have 1st seating. Oh and by the way ......this is my first post! (woot woot go me!) :)

Hello everyone! First timer on DCL; trip rapidly approaching and I have been scouring various web sites to be as informed as I can be. I am wondering how soon does your luggage arrive to your stateroom once you are allowed in it? Should I consider a change of clothes in my carry-on for dinner? We have 1st seating. Oh and by the way ......this is my first post! (woot woot go me!) :)

The bags tend to arrive at any time after the rooms are available (1:30) up to 5:00 or so. Most are delivered by then. But they could be later.

One note - dress for dinner is cruise casual, really no need to change clothes for dinner, well, unless you've boarded in your swimsuit.

As Shmoo and moki indicated, dinner is casual the first night specifically because it's the first day and for early seating there are times when luggage may not be delivered in time. generally, it is delivered by 5. With that in mind, try to wear something when you board that you would be comfortable to wear to dinner. And always carry essentials in your carry on, just in case.

Disney T-shirt and a pair of shorts good for dinner most nights?

While you could wear that every night on formal or semi formal Nights assuming your cruse has them, I'd suggest you wear either something you would wear to cocktail party or stay casual but nice...sun dress, pants and nice top, etc. and if you go to Palo or Remy you do need to dress better...sport coat for men.

Disney has relaxed the dining "suggested attire" to the point where literally almost anything goes. You must have something on your feet and swimwear is not acceptable. Other than that, nothing is enforced in the main dining rooms.

Adult dining locations are another matter--they each have a dress code and enforce it....at least most of the time.

Dress code for MDR's:

In general, most onboard dining locations are "cruise casual,” so casual attire, such as shorts and T-shirts, is permitted, with the exception of swimwear and tank tops. Most cruises have special theme nights that provide opportunities to dress up for a one-of-a-kind family photo. Here's a breakdown of special dress events by cruise itinerary:

3-night cruises:

One cruise casual night—no swimwear or tank tops

One pirate night themed deck party

One optional “dress-up night"—jacket for men, dress or pantsuit for women

4-night cruises:

First night is cruise casual—no swimwear or tank tops

One pirate night themed deck party

One optional dress-up night—jacket for men, dress or pantsuit for women

Final night is cruise casual—no swimwear or tank tops

7-night cruises:

First night is cruise casual—no swimwear or tank tops

One pirate night or other themed deck party

3 additional cruise casual nights—no swimwear or tank tops

One formal and one semi-formal night—both give you the opportunity to dress up and take advantage of the onboard photography services. Though optional, we recommend dress pants with a jacket or a suit for men, and dress or pantsuit for women

Everything apart from the no swimwear is optional. Tank tops are regually reported as being seen in the MDRs.

Dress code for Palo:

Dress pants and shirt are required for men and a dress or pantsuit is required for women. Please no jeans, shorts, capri pants, flip-flops or tennis shoes.

Dress code for Remy:

Dinner

At dinnertime, the following dress code is enforced:

Men: A jacket (such as a sports, suit or tuxedo jacket) is required, with dress pants/slacks and shoes. Ties are optional. Please no jeans, shorts, sandals, flip-flops or tennis shoes.

Ladies: Cocktail dress, evening dress, pant suit or skirt/blouse are required. Please no jeans, shorts, capri pants, sandals, flip-flops or tennis shoes.

Brunch and Dessert

During brunch and dessert, the following dress code is enforced:

Men: Dress pants and a shirt are required for men. A jacket is optional. Please no jeans, shorts, capri pants, sandals, flip-flops or tennis shoes.

Women: A dress or pantsuit is required. Please no jeans, shorts, capri pants, sandals, flip-flops or tennis shoes.

Apart from Palo and Remy, DCL really do little to discourage you or enforce any kind of dress code.

It is totally up to you to dress how you feel comfortable and wear what you wish.

All they care about is no complaints and you being happy.

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie

On our five DCL cruises, four times our luggage was either there when we got to the room or prior to lifeboat drill, such that we unpacked and stowed things prior to the drill. One cruise on Dream it was there when we came back from the drill. Again, stowed and ready for first seating dinner.