Sailing Adventure of the Seas June 2016

Hawaii697

Excited to be sailing on our first Royal Carribean cruise. :D

We sail in June out of Puerto Rico. Thankful our cruise price has dropped but the airfare, OMG. . . it's unbelievable. :eek: With oil prices down, I thought the air would be in the mid $300's. Not the case. Almost $500.00 pp. I'm going to hang in there to purchase tickets next month, but is anyone else finding airfare . . . HIGH???:confused:

Ditto on getting a great price for San Juan then the sticker shock of airfare. I use SWA for almost every flight but their prices were in the stratosphere but when I checked competitors rates, they were just as high if not higher. I almost cancelled the cruise. I checked the SWA site twice daily from the first time they posted the rates. Long story short, the rates did come down enough for me to buy and not cancel the cruise. I went with SWA and was able to get a cheaper rate and get credit for a future flight plus able to shift travel times more in our favor without paying a change fee. My advice is keep watching for changes because they may only last an hour or two at the most before they go back up. I found checking them around 5:30 AM was the best window to find a discounted rate. Hope this helps. :cool:

We've done a B2B on Adventure during January and February for the last 3 years, and also noticed the steep rise in airfare. So much so, that this year we decided to do a Southern Carib cruise out of Tampa instead.

Ditto on getting a great price for San Juan then the sticker shock of airfare. I use SWA for almost every flight but their prices were in the stratosphere but when I checked competitors rates, they were just as high if not higher. I almost cancelled the cruise. I checked the SWA site twice daily from the first time they posted the rates. Long story short, the rates did come down enough for me to buy and not cancel the cruise. I went with SWA and was able to get a cheaper rate and get credit for a future flight plus able to shift travel times more in our favor without paying a change fee. My advice is keep watching for changes because they may only last an hour or two at the most before they go back up. I found checking them around 5:30 AM was the best window to find a discounted rate. Hope this helps. :cool:

Thank you, I'm up at 5:30; I'll definitely start checking as soon as I get up!

Pulled the trigger today for the five of us at 420 each out of Atlanta....wish I had jumped on it back in October when it was 386 each...but we sail May 28 and there was noticing the seats starting to book up over the past few days...our saildate is Memorial Day weekend, so that is likely a factor...

David:D

We leave next week....ended up on jet blue down and American back....still paid more than we were hoping but got a great deal on the cruise.and combining it with a land trip.... I still prefer to leave out of sju and the southern itineraries...

Doing a B2B in May....got a great rate on my JS's (same price now for just one week) so glad I booked the cruise when I did...Booked my air back in November...first class/business on American just under $800pp round trip LAX-SJU via DFW...feeling pretty good about this...after all it's for our 40th wedding anniversary.

Sailing on AOS 5 March and price just dropped again on SJU to STL for 12 March. Made change at no cost and got $80 towards the next flight. This is the 2nd time I found and snagged a price drop on this R/t. Noted the change at 5:30 AM CST. :D

We leave next week....ended up on jet blue down and American back....still paid more than we were hoping but got a great deal on the cruise.and combining it with a land trip.... I still prefer to leave out of sju and the southern itineraries...

Thanks for the reminder of looking at two different airlines. Yes, our cruise is a great deal and we're going to be staying in SJU two days prior to sailing with rewards points. I also prefer leaving out of SJU. :cool:

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for the reminder of looking at two different airlines. Yes, our cruise is a great deal and we're going to be staying in SJU two days prior to sailing with rewards points. I also prefer leaving out of SJU. :cool:

Enjoy your cruise!

We're going on the AOS in June 2016 too. The airfare prices have been ridiculous. We jumped on a $349 pp flight out of a farther away from us airport and I'm glad we did because I haven't seen it again for that low

We are paying around $900 for 2 from BWI to SJU for our April cruise on SW. They are definitely not a low cost carrier anymore.

We are paying SWA about $1100 R/T for 2 out of STL to SJU in March. When I started looking it was near $1800. I checked twice daily for price changes from all the air carriers out of STL and SWA was still the best deal. If nothing else you can get credit back if the rate drops for a future flight, they charge zero for change fees plus 2 free bags. I'm rationalizing the air increase since I got a great deal on the cruise.

I haven't read all the post, but we are doing the same cruise, the 2nd of

April. We are also using SWA. I have checked almost every week, and have not found the price to go down at all, if anything, it has gone up.:(

Found a great price drop last week on Jet Blue out of JFK to SJU for late June. It had been $880 for two every time I looked at it...then, one night, it was $623 RT total for two. Was so excited, I jumped on it. Got a good price drop on the cruise a few weeks back too. Keep checking those prices :)

Karen

We are on Adventure at the end of March and our airfare went down today so keep an eye on it. Especially if you are flying Southwest. We are 50 days out and they are dropping fares. This particular one was available in the morning and gone after lunch so if you see a price decrease jump on it. :)