Best Breakaway boarding time

Freckle53

We are cruising in a few weeks (!!!!!!). Sail away is at 3 from NYC. Is there a window of time when checking in and getting onboard is the fastest? From what I understand actual boarding starts around noon? We will have a toddler with us so I'm trying to plan in an effort to avoid as much waiting as possible.

Thank you. I will aim for about 1ish then. Walking right on is what I want to do. Our last cruise we were one of the first groups allowed to board, but there was about an hour where we sat crammed like sardines for embarkation to start. As exciting as the day is, I'd rather get there later and spend less time in the terminal.

We can go have breakfast and explore a bit and come back and check out of the hotel and get a cab.

Thank you. I will aim for about 1ish then. Walking right on is what I want to do. Our last cruise we were one of the first groups allowed to board, but there was about an hour where we sat crammed like sardines for embarkation to start. As exciting as the day is, I'd rather get there later and spend less time in the terminal.

We can go have breakfast and explore a bit and come back and check out of the hotel and get a cab.

I always get to the pier as early as possible so there is definitely a wait but I've never experienced being crammed like sardines. But if you want to just walk right on then I would suggest getting to the pier as late as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was the seating area in Baltimore that was crammed. Maybe it was the way Baltimore did it, even. For "regular" people it was probably no worse than being in an airplane seat, but we had (at that time) a wiggly 2 year old and the stroller and carseat and carry ons so trying to keep that stuff within our little 4 person section of seats and not encroach on others was not a fun way to start off.