Help me decide... Magic vs vista

rjrice1

Okay I am having withdrawals.. been back on land for two whole weeks.

Well booked a cruise for Feb 2017 Super Bowl Sunday 7 day(first sea day) western out of Cape Canveral ... only 1 hours away.

But.... I keep looking at the Vista Miami four hours drive 5 days also Super Bowl Sunday.. but first day.

What would you do???

Yes, I am debating on doing the Vista with just the DH and me... but then it is during the gd (raising her) 16th bday and don't want any kids to come.

All things considered, I would book the Magic. A girl's 16th birthday is a pretty important milestone.

I had my February, 2017 cruise narrowed down to 4 choices that included the Magic and the Vista. While the Vista looks amazing, I ended up booking the Magic. We are <2 hours away from POC, I was able to book a Vista Wrap Balcony, and was able to book it under the 99 per room deposit.

What ever you decide have a great cruise!

• 9 months later...

Bumping this post for more recent thoughts. We are looking at a week next August where the Magic is on a 7 day Eastern run and the Vista is on a 6 day Western run. Done the western itinerary before, but would do it again for the Vista. Is 6 days really enough (even though it is obviously only one day less).

Choice of departure port is insignificant (likely) as we have to fly the family of 4 down where ever we leave from.

Thanks!

dctravel

Bumping this post for more recent thoughts. We are looking at a week next August where the Magic is on a 7 day Eastern run and the Vista is on a 6 day Western run. Done the western itinerary before, but would do it again for the Vista. Is 6 days really enough (even though it is obviously only one day less).

Choice of departure port is insignificant (likely) as we have to fly the family of 4 down where ever we leave from.

Thanks!

dctravel

Do you travel for the ports or the ship? If ports, are any of them new? Do you prefer one set over the other (I am not a Bahamas/Jamaica person)? If you are a ship person, then I would lean toward trying the Vista.

Only you can know what your preferences are....