Anthem "Smart" (Really Dumb) check-in

djjoe

We sail the Anthem on 6 Feb. 2016. I did the online check in today. We are Diamond Plus C&A members with over 50 cruises, sailing out of Bayonne many times. We usually board around 11, lunch by 12, in the room around 1 PM. The online process gave me a boarding appointment time of 1-1:30 PM. I called C&A and was told that is the new faster smart check in procedure. It doesn't make sense to me. Pinnacle or Diamond Plus goes to the end of the line behind a first time cruiser that checked in a month ago when earlier times were available? What happens if we get to the terminal at 11 AM?

We are on the Anthem now. We are Diamond members. The online booking gave us a time for boarding of 12:30 - 1:00. They started boarding about 10:35 and we were called at 10:50. Everything ran smoothly. My thinking is the earlier the better and maybe those times are adhered to as the day goes on and it gets more crowded.

Have a wonderful trip.

I just got off the Anthem on Jan 15. The purpose for those time frame appointment is to alleviate congestion when you arrived at the pier. You can go in earlier then you anticipated. I am still gold members who is shy of becoming platinum. Anyway, I book at 45 days out and got an 12 noon appointment, but arrived there like 1030. The level of stats come to play when it time to board which was at 11 am.

I remember in 2008 when i was with my friend who happen to be high stats c&a but that room is long gone since they rebuilt it. Now it all fair share.

I am on the same sailing as you and got the same time as you when I did my online check-in! I am Emerald and wondered what happened to priority boarding too!

Having said that, I will "get there when I get there" and see what happens! I'm not too worried.

I think priority boarding is when we used to have shuttle bus. Like i said and some one else said it depend on how soon you book it. If you want priority boarding get there by 1030 and you will here announcement of your stats once the door open.

PLEASE remember this not all class ship are same in everything. there are some taken away and some given new one. The same way to ports. Each port have their own way to embark and disembark. They are never the same in every single step.

Of course it suck that you feel like your not getting priority but you still get all the benefit on the ship. That should count the most.

We sail the Anthem on 6 Feb. 2016. I did the online check in today. We are Diamond Plus C&A members with over 50 cruises, sailing out of Bayonne many times. We usually board around 11, lunch by 12, in the room around 1 PM. The online process gave me a boarding appointment time of 1-1:30 PM. I called C&A and was told that is the new faster smart check in procedure. It doesn't make sense to me. Pinnacle or Diamond Plus goes to the end of the line behind a first time cruiser that checked in a month ago when earlier times were available? What happens if we get to the terminal at 11 AM?

You check in with no problems

We are on the March 27th cruise and got to select our time for boarding which is 10:45. Of course, I did on-line check-in many months ago.

No big deal. Just go at the time you want to go. They will accommodate you and everyone else that shows up. All the "frills" will begin once you get into the terminal.

Edited by Arzeena

I guess it's just one more new rule to learn. Sorta like giving you 60 days to transfer a reservation to a TA. If I was aware of the 90 check in window, it would have been completed a long tine ago.

I guess it's just one more new rule to learn. Sorta like giving you 60 days to transfer a reservation to a TA. If I was aware of the 90 check in window, it would have been completed a long tine ago.

Has been saying this for about a year now. It says it in red on the very top of the On-Line Check-In Page

s.gifcor_systemerror_ico.gifOnline Check-in will be available 90 days prior to your sail date. Please try again during that time.

Edited by cruisenfever

I am on a March Anthem cruise , Diamond Plus, and up to this point in time never recieved a time to arrive. ………………………...

The Arrival Time to select will appear when you do your on-line check in. I believe it has been discussed on our March 27th roll call.

Edited by cruisenfever

Is this wait for your assigned time only for Anthem? We've been given times for s while, but have treated them as a suggestion, not a command.

We arrive at the terminal early (Port Everglades), check in and sit in the platinum seating. We board after Emerald, in status order, not assigned time order. I hope this new rule doesn't apply to Oasis.