photo package?

cwbabe48

We're just off the Summit and we purchased the Photo Package the Monday of the Cruise. I believe the initial advertised price was $399. However, they offered a "buy it in the first three days of the cruise on board" price (once under-sail) for $249 (or was it $279?). It is DEFINITELY worth it. A few points:

--Get your picture taken at every opportunity. The package provides large and small glossy prints as well as digital images on a CD.

--Opportunities for pictures included: embarkation, a lightly costumed "character"/ship's wheel and outdoor station at every port of call, 4 back-dropped photo stations at each of the "Formal/Evening Chic" Nights (8 in total, including the main staircase), a photo at dinner of each "Formal/Evening Chic" nights, 2 opportunities to have your picture taken with the Ship's Captain, Staff Captain and several other officers, and occasional random photographers at certain events or wandering the decks.

--The one thing that surprised us was the *quality* of the prints and the equipment/lighting. During each of the back-dropped photos they encourage multiple poses and the images produced are beyond professional. I'm now using one of mine for my LinkedIn profile. They are just that good.

--All in all, we had 68 individual sets taken and came home with somewhere around 140 prints, along with the CD which contains all the digital images.

Note: The following experience was aboard the Summit, with it's tremendously charismatic and always-present officers and crack photographers including Vishnu and Nickolas. You mileage may vary on ships on other classes/sailings.

• 1 month later...
If there are 4 in the family (2 cabins) does the one package cover all, or just one cabin ?

It depends on the ages of the people involved. If all in the second cabin are 21 or under, they are included. If the people in the second cabin are over 21, then you need a second package. They will, however, sell you the second package at 1/2 price if you ask for it.

We were told the price changes from sailing to sailing. The package we got the first week of January last year had been $50 more on the New Year's sailing the previous week.

The price also seems to have little to do with the number of nights the cruise is. One of the cheapest packages was for our 17-night cruise.

In addition, it is usually cheaper to purchase online in advance but this price also changes - presumably after a certain number of packages have been sold - because, on one cruise, another member of our Roll Call purchased after us and paid more for the same package.

We purchased the photo package online for a 5 day Holiday cruise. It was $250. We were a family of 4 with my mom and sister in law in 3 cabins. Our girls were in different cabins and were included in our package since they are both under 21. Pics of my Mom and SIL were thrown in for free. We had over 100 pages on prints. Photo prices started at $20 I think (maybe not the embarkation photo or gangplank pics). Definitely a great deal.

I agree that the photo quality and the attention to detail (for the most part) was excellent. All the photographers are not of the same caliber but you get to know the good ones almost immediately.

One thing we did learn was that they do not take pictures in the specialty restaurants unless they are invited in. We were celebrating a birthday in Oceanliners and the manager of the photo gallery came and took the pictures herself.

Many thanks for the info.

As for booking online - I can't see anywhere on the website ? Our cruise isn't until end of July - does it appear once you can online check-in ?

You need to go to mycruisephotos.com. This is a company separate from Celebrity. Your cruise should appear a couple of months before you sail.

Edited by Project_gal

Yes if you contact the company if the time is not right yet they will let you know and send you an email when you can book the package. We did this last year and saved even more. We got all the pictures we wanted and also a dick with them all on as well. So well worth the price as long as you want lots of pictures.