Sick, what to do as far as cabin cleaning?

breakinghbts

Did a search both on this site, and on google....couldn't find anything relevant. But my boyfriend drank a bit too much on our first night of the cruise. Needless to say the room smells terrible, and the bathroom looks like someone had been murdered. How should this be handled?

He wants to clean it himself, and has tried a bit, before having to lay down too keep from getting sick again. Of course we don't have any cleaning chemicals to really do the job.

I was thinking we could just apologize to the steward and give him and xtra large tip.

Have any of you had a similar problem in the past? Whats the best/most appropriate way of handing it?

Thanks for your time

-Tony@PVD....err I mean Tony@STT

I would let the professionals handle it with their cleaning tools. A tip would be a nice gesture for the extra work.

Did a search both on this site, and on google....couldn't find anything relevant. But my boyfriend drank a bit too much on our first night of the cruise. Needless to say the room smells terrible, and the bathroom looks like someone had been murdered. How should this be handled?

He wants to clean it himself, and has tried a bit, before having to lay down too keep from getting sick again. Of course we don't have any cleaning chemicals to really do the job.

I was thinking we could just apologize to the steward and give him and xtra large tip.

Have any of you had a similar problem in the past? Whats the best/most appropriate way of handing it?

Thanks for your time

-Tony@PVD....err I mean Tony@STT

I'd clean it up as best as I could, using even shampoo so its not a horrible wreck for the poor steward. Fill the sink with hot water and add soap. IMO, BF should be doing it..but he cant. So you should do it because its your room too.

Then I'd make him tell the room steward, apologize and give him/her the biggest tip of their life.

Next up, I'd make sure my boyfriend knew how revolted I was. He's an adult. Most everyone has been there..overdrink a bit, get sick..I'm sure its not the first time this has happened on a Carnival ship lol But to destroy a bathroom? That's disgusting.

Edited by BellaSweet

I'd clean it up as best as I could......But to destroy a bathroom? That's disgusting.

Yeah we cleaned it as best as we could sans chemicals. for sure we will be leaving a large tip. I may have overstated the bathroom....but it was pretty bad.

This isn't something that happens often with us. In 13 years between the two of us, drinking to excess has happened maybe a handful of times....just so excited to be out of the cold for a week!

Well, thanks for your replies everyone, going to finish taking care of this and enjoy the rest of our cruise! you guys were all a big help!

-Tony@STT

My recommendation is this:

1) Rub his face in it. :D

2) Rub his face in it again. :D

3) Rub his face in it a final time. :D

4) Put his carcass in the room w the flat declaration of 'you're cleaning this, now" and a stony, flat face that would cause the Mona Lisa the flinch in fear.

5) Leave the cabin.

6) Do not come back for several hours.

7) Unless that BF has a bank account with 3 commas several accounts, get a new BF.

#s 1 through 3 are optional, 4 through 6 aren't & 7 shouldn't be.

Ick! What a way to start a trip. You are a good person to try to try to clean it up. I am with the group that says tip the steward extra and leave the rest of the clean up to the experts.

As far as dealing with your partner.... Attitude is everything. Apologetic and remorseful good. Boys will be boys, these things happen, not so good. Sometimes we don't know we are over the limit until it is too late, especially when it is warm and you are drinking fruity drinks. Repeated episodes are a warning. Only you know the answer to this.

As others have said, ask the room steward for help. I always put Clorox wipes and a can of Febreeze in for the bathroom. One thing that concerns me, if the steward will turn your BF in for being sick and thus being restricted to your cabin for 3 days - even though it was alcohol related.

Yeah we cleaned it as best as we could sans chemicals. for sure we will be leaving a large tip. I may have overstated the bathroom....but it was pretty bad.

This isn't something that happens often with us. In 13 years between the two of us, drinking to excess has happened maybe a handful of times....just so excited to be out of the cold for a week!

Well, thanks for your replies everyone, going to finish taking care of this and enjoy the rest of our cruise! you guys were all a big help!

-Tony@STT

OMG!! It happens! Now for me I would have him clean it up because I just cant handle that. lol and also you should give the stewart a lil extra. Beating your BF for having too good of a time. uh no. really ppl!! they are on vacation and entitled to a good time. JEEZE! as long as it gets cleaned up, no big deal. the world is not gonna end. well not cause someone had too much fun and got sick. PS teach him how to hit the toilet and or trash can. lol.

:eek:

OMG!! It happens! Now for me I would have him clean it up because I just cant handle that. lol and also you should give the stewart a lil extra. Beating your BF for having too good of a time. uh no. really ppl!! they are on vacation and entitled to a good time. JEEZE! as long as it gets cleaned up, no big deal. the world is not gonna end. well not cause someone had too much fun and got sick. PS teach him how to hit the toilet and or trash can. lol.

:eek:

My DH got "sick" on our last cruise in April and I don't let him hear the end of it. He even managed to hit the toilet and not make a mess. But his having a "good time" put a big dent in our having a "good time". I ended up going out that evening on my own without him because he couldn't leave the bathroom. The following day we were in Grand Turk. Again I had to explore it on my own because he was still too hung over to go ashore. Yeah....what was supposed to be "our" vacation turned into "my" vacation for a couple days all because he was having "too much fun" for a couple of hours. He's not living this one down anytime soon:D:p.

This is exactly why I lysol down everything in the cabin before I get comfy.

Glad you are leaving a decent tip. I'm extremely squeamish, so he would have been on his own with that one. Only ones I'm cleaning up behind in that manner is my kids.

Just the sight and smell of it is enough to make me wanna hurl. There would be 2 messes to clean up. No thank you. I'd slip the steward $100 to clean it up.

We were on the Paradise last week. Because of the storm, the seas were VERY rough. There were tons of people sick on the ship our last sea day (we were lucky that it wasn't a problem for us). You couldn't go into any public restroom without finding evidence... in toilets, sinks, the floor, etc... Also, in the cabin hallways, there were people outside their cabins with ice buckets getting ill. Other cabin mates were 'using' the toilet. They have special red bags and cleaning stuff to clean up the mess, so for their safety and others, you should notify them and let them clean up. I agree with the other posters, you should give a nice tip for their trouble. There is a bit of a difference between a 'self-inflicted' sick and getting sick from the rough seas.

If you don't say anything and 'clean it up' they won't know enough to disinfect to protect the next people that get your cabin.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your cruise!!! Once you notify the steward and tip him for his trouble... move on and don't let this take one more minute of your vacation!!!

Exactly. At least $100. I can't deal with that. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

$100 come on!!! That is crazy talk. Trust me a steward on a Carnival cruise has cleaned up a lot worse than vomit, it is all part of the job, that they are happy to do. :D

Maybe a $20, the real problem is wasting those expensive drinks! :eek:

Ain't cruz'n fun!!

$100 come on!!! That is crazy talk. Trust me a steward on a Carnival cruise has cleaned up a lot worse than vomit, it is all part of the job, that they are happy to do. :D

Maybe a $20, the real problem is wasting those expensive drinks! :eek:

Ain't cruz'n fun!!

Worth it to me.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

I agree with the advice to tell the steward and to tip him or her extra EXCEPT the YOU should not being doing it. If you boyfriend is man enough to drink that much, he's man enough to deal with the aftermath himself. HE should be the one apologizing and the extra tip should be coming from HIS pockets.

Edited by bakersdozen12