Can you get an unopened can of soft drink with the UBP?

tallyho8

In my experience they are pretty strict about it, but I guess if you ask every time, once in a while they will say "yes".

Last time we ordered a ginger ale, which they only had in cans, and they refused to give us the unopened can and poured some into a glass. And then we were charged for the can. :mad:

They are not to give you an a can period open or not.....but lots will. Most bars are fountain soda....but at the buffet they use cans or bottles and I asked about getting a bottle of diet Pepsi and was successful on several occasions. No charge occurred on my bill...I had the UBP.

That seems so ridiculous. I have had hot cans of soda poured into glasses of ice and they were so watered down tasting that I couldn't stand them.

This is my first time with a beverage package. I was always able to get cans of soda before when I was buying them but then when they talk you into buying the expensive beverage package they won't allow you to get a cold can of soda.

Now I am wondering if I will be able to get a cold can of beer or will they just pour some in a glass?

That seems so ridiculous. I have had hot cans of soda poured into glasses of ice and they were so watered down tasting that I couldn't stand them.

This is my first time with a beverage package. I was always able to get cans of soda before when I was buying them but then when they talk you into buying the expensive beverage package they won't allow you to get a cold can of soda.

Now I am wondering if I will be able to get a cold can of beer or will they just pour some in a glass?

I'm not really sure what the relevance of the can being cold is. Every bottle or can I've ever been served on NCL has come out of a chiller.

As has been said, very few beers come in cans anyway. Most are in bottles. They will happily give you the bottle rather than pour it for you (that's how I have them).

Regarding cans, you asked if you could get an UNOPENED can. All drinks they give you on the UBP should be opened (I assume to stop people from collecting up drinks to give to friends).

The soda is specified as being fountain soda, but I have found in practice that many places give you it from cans. We don't drink much soda, but in my experience we've got cans as much, or more, than from the tap. Perhaps it's just where we go.

In my experience, you are likely to find somewhere where you will be given a can. That can will probably be opened though.

NCL is still all Pepsi products, right?? Wondering if I will need to bring my beloved Coke with me or if I can skip doing that since I have the UBP.

NCL has ZERO Coke (products) or maybe better stated as all inclusive Pepsi.

Things go better with Coke so I don't know how much better Pepsi is !

And then for the affinity drinker - the abomination of Jack and Pepsi !#%@&!

Regarding Coca Cola bring your own - you don't need to bring a lot - at each

port of call find a vendor and replenish your supply. TATL and other longer

cruises plan on more.

Because I already paid for the beverage package. I don't want to have to pay twice for the same thing.

Although if what you want is unopened cans of soda then you haven't actually paid for that.

What you have paid for is fountain soda. If that isn't what you want, and the potential of not getting the unopened cans is a problem, then maybe bringing some cans on may be the answer.