Caribbean bands on the Lido deck

love2traveljen

I remember reading sometime last year that Carnival is changing all the DJs over to live Caribbean style music with those bongo drums etc. does anybody know of an update? I'm going on another cruise but not until this winter and am wondering if it's going to be on the splendor. When I'm onboard I really like the Caribbean music it gets me in the mood and it feels like a real Caribbean vacation. But when the DJ is on,it just sounds like I'm in the car on my way to work with the type of music they play.

I really hope the changes coming soon I love live music on the pool deck like Royal Caribbean has

John Heald posted this on his FB page yesterday morning:

"So, as many of you requested we will have live Caribbean music on all of our Lido decks by spring time.

Is there a genre of live music that you would like to see more of?

Please let me know

cheers"

I didn't know that they were switching back to live music, but I was SO excited when I read this yesterday! Hope this helps!

"So, as many of you requested we will have live Caribbean music on all of our Lido decks by spring time.

Please let me know

cheers"

I didn't know that they were switching back to live music, but I was SO excited when I read this yesterday! Hope this helps!

Perfect! Thank you so much! I follow him on Facebook but I must have missed it. I don't mind the dj in the liquid lounge, just on the lido deck live Caribbean music is so much better!

Please let me know

cheers"

I didn't see that on his Facebook page but that's great news!!

Not sure about bands per say but last week on the Dream there was a lovely couple playing steel drums, he played she sang, it was quit lovely and enjoyed it!

Omg..so excited to know this. We will be on the Dream in 2 weeks 😄😄😄😄😄

Omg..so excited to know this. We will be on the Dream in 2 weeks 😄😄😄😄😄

Awesome!

They mixed and played with the DJ and yes I also noticed the DJ music was a bit toned down for the most part, they also had live music in the Atrium with my favorite being the violin duo, wow those 2 were so awesome to listen too. Not sure if it had to do with it being a Journey cruise but it was a unexpected surprise to to have and loved every second of it!

I'm so glad they are going back to the island music!!!!!! Sunning on the deck with a drink in my hand just wasn't the same without it. When filling out my satisfaction form that was my major complaint...along with not liking the layout of the Lido deck on the Pride.

DJ was also playing on Lido but his music was more subdued than in our previous cruises.

Our DJ on the Conquest last year reminded me of Vanilla Ice. He was actually good as far as DJ's go. I like the steel drum also and wouldn't mind a mix of both.

Last April on the Conquest, one afternoon by the pool there was no live music or DJ at all. Instead, there was piped-in "easy listening" type music, mostly orchestra instrumentals and occasional crooners. It was a strange atmosphere for sipping tropical drinks poolside, and it didn't seem like it fit. I did mention it in a post-cruise survey. Maybe many people did the same, and that prompted their switch to tropical music on the Lido. Whatever the reason, I am glad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk