Not a fan

sports addict

Try here:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1107/~/new-dinner-concept%3A-american-table-and-american-feast

In short:This new complimentary dinner concept is currently being tested on the following ships: Carnival Breeze, Carnival Conquest, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Glory, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration, Carnival Liberty, Carnival Magic, Carnival Pride and Carnival Triumph. Please note: This experience may vary slightly among these ships.

Just got back from a B2B on the Conquest with the new menu. I was not impressed at all. It was really hard trying to find something to eat every night. I started to think about maybe having an app at the table (usually found something there) and then go up to the buffet for my actual meal. I really don't like buffets but the food really wasn't great. I don't care about the tablecloths it was the food that I had problems with. Even my husband who usually doesn't have a problem said the second week that he was finding it hard to find anything good to eat. He actually did go to the buffet one night to get some food.

If you eat seafood than you probably will find something but if you don't good luck. After having the pork chop 3 nights and without the onions and apples (I can't have any wheat and it seems they can't bake apples or cook onions without wheat) I had had enough.

I am going again on the Conquest in Oct. and will be looking at the buffet for what it has and then going to the dinner for apps and dinner at the buffet.

tigercat

It was only a week ago.

I remember having prime rib, chateaubriand, lamb, of course lobster, shrimp, beef brisket, filet mignon. There were other items on the menu that I would have been just as happy with but I will normally eat only one main course.

I know that if you go on many cruises with the same company and the menu stays the same you may tire of the same old. I know that tastes are very subjective but I have never had a hard time finding something that I would like. There have been posts on these threads where people have stated that the only thing they found edible were the Guy's burgers. As hard as I find that to believe I do feel if that were an honest opinion I would be looking for a different cruise line for my next cruise.

Just got back from a B2B on the Conquest with the new menu. I was not impressed at all. It was really hard trying to find something to eat every night. I started to think about maybe having an app at the table (usually found something there) and then go up to the buffet for my actual meal. I really don't like buffets but the food really wasn't great. I don't care about the tablecloths it was the food that I had problems with. Even my husband who usually doesn't have a problem said the second week that he was finding it hard to find anything good to eat. He actually did go to the buffet one night to get some food.

If you eat seafood than you probably will find something but if you don't good luck. After having the pork chop 3 nights and without the onions and apples (I can't have any wheat and it seems they can't bake apples or cook onions without wheat) I had had enough.

I am going again on the Conquest in Oct. and will be looking at the buffet for what it has and then going to the dinner for apps and dinner at the buffet.

tigercat

We also just finished a B2B on Conquest and thought there was a very good selection in the MDR. We actually ate in the MDR more often than on any other cruise we have previously been on.

I can't have wheat, alcohol or seafood. Without those products there isn't a lot to eat. Again if you like seafood there is a lot of things to chose from. My husband doesn't eat any seafood as well and after trying some of the choices the first time had a harder time the end of the second week finding something to eat. Again if you like seafood you were blessed.

tigercat

We have enjoyed the new menu on our last couple of cruises very much. We eat no seafood but we are ok with wheat. We've eaten more in the MDR than ever before with the new menu. The port of call menus are so much fun and very tasty!

My pickiest eater - my son was in heaven with the new options. Old menu was nothing but cheese pizza.

I do agree though the wheat issue would make it hard. Flour is in so many things, pasta, sauces.

I am perfectly happy with the new menu as I was tiring of the same old thing on the old menus. There are lots of items from the old menu on the new. The only issue I had, was since there were no tablecloths, there was constantly condensation on the table from the water bottles and glasses.

I have not tried the new menus yet and it appears the old menus will still be on my next cruise. But when I look at them, they seem very similar to the old menus.

And the tablecloths don't really bother me either way. Most big city, modern, REAL restaurants (not chains) do not have tablecloths.

I'm not a huge fan of the new menus only because under the old menus if there was not something on there I liked one evening there was always a burger option. However, I do like the 'port-of-call" concept part of the menus.

You can still order a burger or anything else offered on the kids menu.

I can't have wheat, alcohol or seafood. Without those products there isn't a lot to eat. Again if you like seafood there is a lot of things to chose from. My husband doesn't eat any seafood as well and after trying some of the choices the first time had a harder time the end of the second week finding something to eat. Again if you like seafood you were blessed.

tigercat

I've never had an issue with the number of appetizers or entrees. Even without seafood there is steak, chicken, turkey, roast beef, veal, lamb, Indian Vegetarian. They offer gluten free options as well.

I will be sailing on my first ever carnival cruise in March aboard the Glory, and we paid a lot of money for this trip since we have to fly all the way from California. After reading all the negative reviews of the new menus, I am very nervous for the food. I'm not a very picky eater, but still nervous, especially for my family members. We sailed on Princess last year, and some of the members in my group, it'll be their first cruise and I really want them to fall in love with cruising like I did!

I know the food isn't going to be nowhere like it was on my Princess cruise, but I'm still going to give the menu a chance, still very nervous Lol!

I will be sailing on my first ever carnival cruise in March aboard the Glory, and we paid a lot of money for this trip since we have to fly all the way from California. After reading all the negative reviews of the new menus, I am very nervous for the food. I'm not a very picky eater, but still nervous, especially for my family members. We sailed on Princess last year, and some of the members in my group, it'll be their first cruise and I really want them to fall in love with cruising like I did!

I know the food isn't going to be nowhere like it was on my Princess cruise, but I'm still going to give the menu a chance, still very nervous Lol!

Don't be nervous. You'll be able to find something on the menu to eat. I personally wasn't a fan of the new menu; not because of the selection of food, but because the food to me wasn't as tasty as past dishes.

Go into it with an open mind because food is subjective. I know people who love the new menu.

Before I had it I was skeptical because of all of the negative comments I'd read about the American Table or whatever it's called. It wasn't doom and gloom like I had read, but it wasn't the best either. You may love it. And you also have to consider that each ship has different chefs and they do rotate. Maybe you'll have an excellent chef when you cruise.

Happy cruising

Don't be nervous. You'll be able to find something on the menu to eat. I personally wasn't a fan of the new menu; not because of the selection of food' date=' but because the food to me wasn't as tasty as past dishes.

Go into it with an open mind because food is subjective. I know people who love the new menu.

Before I had it I was skeptical because of all of the negative comments I'd read about the American Table or whatever it's called. It wasn't doom and gloom like I had read, but it wasn't the best either. You may love it. And you also have to consider that each ship has different chefs and they do rotate. Maybe you'll have an excellent chef when you cruise.

Happy cruising[/quote']

Thank you! I will definitely go with an open mind, I love cruise food! And I'm sure the food in the MDR will be good! If anything, there's always the kids menu, LOL! But for sure I am will be open minded about it all!

Thank you for easing my worries! :)

tigercat

Did you have the hostess help you with selections for next night that did not have gluten? My DD is Gluten free, DH allergic to seafood and other DD vegetarian. They all had plenty of choices. There seems to be more items to choose from on new menu than old.

We were on Liberty with old menus and then several months later with new ones. Gave us a good comparisom. Only thing I missed was bitter n banc. DH, who is very picky, liked the new menus better. Just wished they were physically smaller. The large menus were awkward to hold.

I've only been on two cruises, both Carnival; our first cruise was 2 years ago aboard the Liberty with the new menu. I was pretty impressed with the food on that cruise! It was much better than I was anticipating.

Our last cruise just the other week was on Splendor with the old menu. I did NOT like it as much. It was more along the lines of what I had been expecting.

We want to ensure we have the American Table menus on our next cruise. I think Carnival should maybe still tweak a few things, but I truly think they are on a much better track with the new menus.

Since there are no table cloths in the MDR now, our water glasses, tea, plates all kept sliding towards us as the ship swayed. The condensation contributed to their ease to slide. Not wise idea and I really surprised there weren't any glasses falling to the floor. We caught ours a couple times just in time before going off the table.:eek:

I'm also not a fan of the new menu but I did find something to eat every night except one. That's when I ordered from the steakhouse menu and was very disappointed with the surf & turf at a huge upsell cost to not enjoy.