My Radiance and Sea Princess reviews

aronde

Hi - I have gleamed a lot of information from lurking on these boards over the years so I thought I should give something back and have completed reviews of our recent Sea Princess South Pacific trip and also our Radiance Alaska trip from May last year (better late then never!). Happy to answer any questions you may have especially regarding Alaska as a holiday destination from Australia.

Sea Princess -

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=524269

Radiance of the Seas -

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=520331

Thanks for sharing your Radiance Alaskan review. Sounds like a great cruise apart from the plumbing issues. We also had a flooded bathroom on the Voyager. Ours occurred midmorning and it took a while to reach someone to alert them to the problem. Not good when the water levels in the bathroom are rising. Finally reached our room attendant and he was able to get on to maintenance fairly quickly (we couldnt reach them via the cabin phone). They were unable to say why it had happened.

Thanks for your reviews. I was especially interested to read your Sun Princess review and that you had your children in their own, inside cabin. How did that go, were they ok and did Princess object at all? My kids are similar ages.

No objections from Princess at all. We had one adult and one child booked in each cabin and just got extra keys from guest services. The room steward even asked us straight up were the kids staying together in the interior cabin. I have read that some lines even let you book kids above a certain age into their own cabin if it is adjoining or directly across the hall to your own. We had the kids across the hall in Alaska also on Radiance and no objections there either.

The kids loved having their own space and amazingly kept it tidier then their rooms at home so as not to make to much work for the steward! My wife and I were also very happy to have our own space :D

Thanks, that's really helpful!

No problem! Actually one more thing we noticed with having our kids across the hall was some mornings we had trouble getting them up and moving as it was so dark in their cabin. Most days that would be fine (and a blessing!) but it was a hassle on the days when we wanted to be somewhere at a reasonable time. Your kids may be different of course but we found getting them to order a room service breakfast at a reasonable hour made them feel very grown up and it also meant they got woken up by the breakfast person and not their 'mean' parents! ;)