Fizzlewicket’s Adventure on Oasis of the Seas

Did you say which cabin you were in? If you did, I missed it and I'd be interested in knowing the location and what you thoughts were on the cabin, the location,and the noise level around you. I loved your review. I have read many and yours is undoubtedly one of the most informative I've seen. Thanks for the time and effort you put into it.

First of all, I want to thank everyone for those kind comments and continued support for this thread. I really appriciate it.

Regarding the room we were in, I believe it was deck 7 port side since we were one deck up from the spa and one deck lower than Central Park. On the Liberty, we had a room that was right in the middle of the ship and going anywhere required a loooooooong walk to either side's stairs and elevators. This was something we got tired of very quickly. So this time, we booked a cabin that was as close to the stairs and elevators as we could. If I remember correctly, the cabin was 7168. It really worked out well. We were literally about 10 paces from the elevators and stairs and we loved it. From now on, we will be seeking cabins like this for all future cruises.

As for noise and all that, I did think noise might be a issue with people coming and going from their cablins and being so close to stairs and elevators, but it was no different that our balcony cabin on Liberty. We did not notice any noise problems or anything to keep us awake at night. And the location was the perfect height for us to enjoy watching the ship coming and going from the ports.

Thank you so much for this wonderful tour of the Oasis of the Seas. We board in a few weeks and I was a little nervous because she is so big and has so much to offer, but your posts have helped so much. I think I will actually feel like I am returning instead of boarding for the first time.

Wow, what a great comment. Thank you so much.

I do remember our first cruise on Liberty of the Seas (I have a review on that one too which while before Liberty's drydock is still entertaining, if I do say so myself). I remember stepping on board and having no idea where to go and what to do. We were highly confused about where to go and just kept following crowds up stairs and through corridors having no clue to what we where doing before finally landing at the Windjammer and spending a half hour just trying to find a seat.

I just noticed that this review is under the Adventure of the Seas subcategory since Adventure is before Oasis in the Title. How can the title be changed to properly place this review under the Oasis subcategory? I would swap out the word "Adventure" to "Cruise". Do I need to email an admin on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just noticed that this review is under the Adventure of the Seas subcategory since Adventure is before Oasis in the Title. How can the title be changed to properly place this review under the Oasis subcategory? I would swap out the word "Adventure" to "Cruise". Do I need to email an admin on this?

It's also under the Oasis link, so there's really nothing that needs to be done.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for this wonderful review! We just got back from a week on Oasis with the family and we had a wonderful time. All your tips and photos were so helpful.

I just wanted to say that hunting for the Small Wonders all over the ship turned out to be a highlight of the Sea Days for our 5 and 9 yr. olds, so be sure to look for them. You can get a list of where they all are from Guest Services.

• 5 months later...

I appreciate the new replys, but without the pictures I would have assumed this review had lost all its value ... I mean it was meant to be a pictorial walk through of the ship and I have no idea how to fix this review with all the posts being locked after a limited amount of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I appreciate the new replys, but without the pictures I would have assumed this review had lost all its value ... I mean it was meant to be a pictorial walk through of the ship and I have no idea how to fix this review with all the posts being locked after a limited amount of time.

Can you post a link to your Photobucket album? I would assume that Photobucket will still allow guests to access the album on their website since Photobucket would be able to show ads in that case.

Great review. Wish I could see photos but I get an image that says I need to enable 3rd party hosting (photobucket). To do that it's expensive. Anyone else getting this?

Yes, it's happening to everyone who has used Photobucket to link photos to 3rd party sites like Cruise Critic. Unfortunately, the only fix is for original poster to pay Photobucket a few hundred dollars per year to turn on the links.