Sweet Treat Jewel Southern Caribbean January 17, 2016

rsharp83

Thanks so much for a great review--and all the photos! We were on the week after you.

I was fascinated to read about your adventures with Natasha on Curacao, as we'd thought about booking with her--even went to her website.

But then I read several reviews elsewhere (different months/days) that were almost *exactly* like your experience: locking the keys in at the shake shack!!! Then in reply to one review she *promised* to always keep a second set of keys.

What's that saying: "once, shame on you, twice, shame on me"? Must be something in those shakes... Glad you had a fun day anyway.

From looking at the daily cruise compasses, it looks like the seaview café is no longer a free venue. It is listed every day as Seaview Wok with a $9.99 fee. Has anybody tried this and does anyone have a photo of the menu? I was looking forward to trying out the café as it will be removed in the upcoming drydock. However, it looks like they have already changed it to a pay venue.

Thanks so much for a great review--and all the photos! We were on the week after you.

I was fascinated to read about your adventures with Natasha on Curacao, as we'd thought about booking with her--even went to her website.

But then I read several reviews elsewhere (different months/days) that were almost *exactly* like your experience: locking the keys in at the shake shack!!! Then in reply to one review she *promised* to always keep a second set of keys.

What's that saying: "once, shame on you, twice, shame on me"? Must be something in those shakes... Glad you had a fun day anyway.

On Trip Advisor I was her first negative review. It was just such a strange day. Most people like her. Maybe if you want her standard tour route she's better.

The week after was the cruise with lots of people missing the ship because of the big winter storm. We were told over 800 people were likely not making the sailing.

It was also the first Jewel cruise for the cruise director, activities director and music director. All of them were leaving after our sailing.

And you had a big drug bust to start the cruise.

Quite a sailing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ooh, thanks for the cruise compasses! It's good to get a sense of what I have to look forward to -- I sail on the Jewel in March. But I guess if the cruise director, activities director and music director are all changing then the kind of schedule probably won't stay the same . . .

Enjoyed your review.

How was your disembarkment?

How was San Juan airport on disembarkment day?

Thanks.

Disembarkment wasn't too bad, but we were in no hurry. And as far as the airport that day I really can't comment. Air travel was virtually shut down on the East coast that weekend because of the massive snow storm. Most flights in and out on that Sunday had been canceled.

Everyone wound up staying in San Juan until Monday.

Thank you so much for the review and Compasses! We're leaving in two days for the same trip, but RCCL changed St. Kitts for St. Maarten for some unknown reason?

We have a different taxi booked for Curcao (Thank goodness). And I communicated an itinerary similar to what you did. Is is worth the side trip for Shete Boka? The standard tour spent time in the Willemsted area, I told him to skip that, head straight for Shete Boka and then the beaches on the other side of the island with a swim stop at Cas Abao. Does that sound doable?

Thank you so much for the review and Compasses! We're leaving in two days for the same trip, but RCCL changed St. Kitts for St. Maarten for some unknown reason?

We have a different taxi booked for Curcao (Thank goodness). And I communicated an itinerary similar to what you did. Is is worth the side trip for Shete Boka? The standard tour spent time in the Willemsted area, I told him to skip that, head straight for Shete Boka and then the beaches on the other side of the island with a swim stop at Cas Abao. Does that sound doable?

I think Shete Boka is worth the time. It's very cool. Especially if you get out there early. Your trip plan is totally doable. And you can always spend time in Willemstad at the end of the day. Have a great trip.

• 2 weeks later...