What's wrong with Valley Church?

Barwick Cruiser

I've seen lots of posts asking about various beaches but don't see anyone recomending Valley Church Beach which is where we were planning to go in a couple of weeks. The pics on TA look really good but maybe they're old, or photo shopped? We are looking for a nice sandy beach with calm water, lounges and umbrellas for shade and washrooms. Would this beach work? We don't plan to spend $$ on big meals or drinks and aren't looking for a day pass type experience.

Anyone been here recently?

Thanks!

I've seen lots of posts asking about various beaches but don't see anyone recomending Valley Church Beach which is where we were planning to go in a couple of weeks. The pics on TA look really good but maybe they're old, or photo shopped? We are looking for a nice sandy beach with calm water, lounges and umbrellas for shade and washrooms. Would this beach work? We don't plan to spend $$ on big meals or drinks and aren't looking for a day pass type experience.

Anyone been here recently?

Thanks!

When you say "Anyone" replace with "many". Go and enjoy but arrive early for a choice of position. Sunbeds etc at the start of the beach, with a small bar serving reasonable food and drinks at the far end. Between is a stretch of sand with trees for shade for those who just wish to spread a towel.

For some reason "many" people do not wish to let you know what they actually do. :rolleyes:

Considered one of the cruise herd's favourites, being very close to the port, with access via a cheap local bus service directly to the beach from the Port, and regular returns.

When you say "Anyone" replace with "many". Go and enjoy but arrive early for a choice of position. Sunbeds etc at the start of the beach, with a small bar serving reasonable food and drinks at the far end. Between is a stretch of sand with trees for shade for those who just wish to spread a towel.

For some reason "many" people do not wish to let you know what they actually do. :rolleyes:

Considered one of the cruise herd's favourites, being very close to the port, with access via a cheap local bus service directly to the beach from the Port, and regular returns.

Thanks Port Royal!! Good info and makes me feel better about choosing this beach. I like the idea of the local bus vs more expensive taxis...are the buses easy to find after getting off the ship? Any idea on cost?

Thanks Port Royal!! Good info and makes me feel better about choosing this beach. I like the idea of the local bus vs more expensive taxis...are the buses easy to find after getting off the ship? Any idea on cost?

You're looking for the #22. Go in a short block or two from the pier, turn right on Market St. Follow till you come to a split with a giant plastic head of a man. Take the right split. Your bus terminal is on the right opposite the market.

Returning, there are posted bus stops, but if there's no post you can flag one down by holding your arm out horizontal. Remember they drive on the left side. Super cheap, couple of bucks max.

You're looking for the #22. Go in a short block or two from the pier, turn right on Market St. Follow till you come to a split with a giant plastic head of a man. Take the right split. Your bus terminal is on the right opposite the market.

Returning, there are posted bus stops, but if there's no post you can flag one down by holding your arm out horizontal. Remember they drive on the left side. Super cheap, couple of bucks max.

Thanks Lard!!