Suggestions for family from 13 year old to 77 year old

AACJ

We will be here (there) in July with my family. I'm almost 50, same with my wife, we have 13 and 18 year old girls, plus I'm bringing my 77 year old mother in law with us.

I would say we are all somewhat active, of course, my MIL won't be zip lining (but then she might). I'd be up for it and I could probably talk my wife into it, of course the kids would be all over it, but don't think we want to go that route. MIL and kids would be content sitting on the beach. My wife and I like to see historic sites but are also open to other suggestions. Kids probably not so interested, MIL may be.

Any suggestions on something EVERYONE in my group can enjoy?

IMHO the Mayan ruins on Coz are not worth your time.

I would hire a driver for 2-3 hours, tour the far side of the island (few tourists, great scenery), maybe get lunch at one of the funky beach bars, and then have your driver drop you off at Paradise Beach for a few hours of fun & sun -- enjoy some drinks while your teens wear themselves out on the water toys (extra fee).

Following this thread. We were there in 2014 and going back in January 2017. We did the dolphin swim and it was great - but once is enough. The surrounding park was wonderful. Curious about other recommendations.

• 2 weeks later...
IMHO the Mayan ruins on Coz are not worth your time.

I would hire a driver for 2-3 hours, tour the far side of the island (few tourists, great scenery), maybe get lunch at one of the funky beach bars, and then have your driver drop you off at Paradise Beach for a few hours of fun & sun -- enjoy some drinks while your teens wear themselves out on the water toys (extra fee).

Done the ruins, agree. Will have my 91yr old Mom with us this time. Any idea what the going rate for a driver for 2-3 hrs for a town tour is?

Mahalo, Tim