Havana Cabana vs Havana ext. Aft

happy cruiser1234

Hello,

We just booked an Havana Ext Aft cabin on Vista for March 2018. Also booked a Havana inside cabin for our teenage girls. Now, the more i think about this location i'm worried that it will be noisy and not very private. We booked centre Aft. on deck 7.

After 5pm when they open the Havana area to everyone, do you think it will get loud and crowded? Does Carnival close the pool at a certain hour? Or is it open all night?

We Love having a nice quiet balcony where we can stare out at the ocean but i'm thinking that perhaps the Havana Cabana cabin would be a bit quieter? :confused: The thing that concerns me with the Cabana Cabins is that we would have to keep our curtains closed most of the time while inside the cabin, because people walking by would be able to see in.

Which would you choose?

I was concerned about the same thing. Had a Havana Ext. Aft balcony on the 6th floor on hold but gave it up after looking at images and the deck plans...was too concerned there would be noise and a lack of privacy. I certainly love the concept of the Havana décor and access to the special deck during the day, but with an aft balcony cabin, want to look directly at the ocean, not a bunch of people below me. Might be better on the 7th deck, though.

This in my opinion is the big drawback with the Havana area. No one really knows how it's going to work until there have been a few sailings and the first reviews start coming in. Even what is said by Carnival now, may not hold true by time your cruise rolls around. For example, in reading the NCL boards, The newest NCL ship, The Escape had a venue that was suppose to have no additional charge (Margaritaville), but it proved to be so popular and with waits of 2-hours or more it's no longer free, but a la carte. I have to admit that I am worried that people not staying in a Havana area cabin may fuss so much that Carnival may open it to all, which in my opinion would eliminate one reason that made it so appealing in the first place. I went ahead and booked a year ago one of the cabins on deck 5. I don't mind drawing the curtains (I need darkness to sleep) and during the day I plan on being on my patio. I am hoping there will be drink service available to those with the patios.

I'm booked in a Havana Cabana. I'm not worried about privacy. The patio doors will lock (yes I know someone can climb over) and I really think the promenade where the patios are will have some sort of gate at the end. If that walkway is public, people could just walk right into the Havana pool area so what would be the point of the "private area until 5" if that walkway is open?

Hello,

We just booked an Havana Ext Aft cabin on Vista for March 2018. Also booked a Havana inside cabin for our teenage girls. Now, the more i think about this location i'm worried that it will be noisy and not very private. We booked centre Aft. on deck 7.

I know this is none of my business so please forgive me for being curious.....

You're two decks away from your teenage girls with them being booked actually IN the Havana area?

I know this is none of my business so please forgive me for being curious.....

You're two decks away from your teenage girls with them being booked actually IN the Havana area?

Actually there are two Havana Inside Cabins on deck 7. (7457 & 7448)....The kids are there and we are around the corner in the AFT cabin. Just a few steps away. I feel the same way as you about the kids being so far away from us. Even though they are going to be 15 & 18 at the time of sailing, I still wouldn't want them to be too far from us.

This in my opinion is the big drawback with the Havana area. No one really knows how it's going to work until there have been a few sailings and the first reviews start coming in. Even what is said by Carnival now, may not hold true by time your cruise rolls around. For example, in reading the NCL boards, The newest NCL ship, The Escape had a venue that was suppose to have no additional charge (Margaritaville), but it proved to be so popular and with waits of 2-hours or more it's no longer free, but a la carte. I have to admit that I am worried that people not staying in a Havana area cabin may fuss so much that Carnival may open it to all, which in my opinion would eliminate one reason that made it so appealing in the first place. I went ahead and booked a year ago one of the cabins on deck 5. I don't mind drawing the curtains (I need darkness to sleep) and during the day I plan on being on my patio. I am hoping there will be drink service available to those with the patios.

I am totally hoping for the drink service on my patio as well! And a lounger.

I am totally hoping for the drink service on my patio as well! And a lounger.

Hopefully the artist conceptual drawings are accurate and if not loungers, at least a chair with a foot rest. It was really hard to take the leap of faith, and to book a cabin that no one really knows anything about, two years in advance (I booked last January), but I am going to be optimistic that my leap will be rewarded with a great cabin, in a great area, on a great new ship. At least I won't be at work.

Actually there are two Havana Inside Cabins on deck 7. (7457 & 7448)....The kids are there and we are around the corner in the AFT cabin. Just a few steps away. I feel the same way as you about the kids being so far away from us. Even though they are going to be 15 & 18 at the time of sailing, I still wouldn't want them to be too far from us.

Now that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up.

Hopefully the artist conceptual drawings are accurate and if not loungers, at least a chair with a foot rest. It was really hard to take the leap of faith, and to book a cabin that no one really knows anything about, two years in advance (I booked last January), but I am going to be optimistic that my leap will be rewarded with a great cabin, in a great area, on a great new ship. At least I won't be at work.

I mean; I've gotten loungers on my regular balcony before by asking the room steward so surely....? And if there are a group of us wouldn't it benefit the wait staff to visit us? Here's to hoping! It is a leap of faith but we've got 4 cabanas so we will have our own party regardless.

I mean; I've gotten loungers on my regular balcony before by asking the room steward so surely....? And if there are a group of us wouldn't it benefit the wait staff to visit us? Here's to hoping! It is a leap of faith but we've got 4 cabanas so we will have our own party regardless.

4 Cabana's!:) Now that will be a fun time! Sounds like you will have an amazing week!...My sister and her hubby booked an Aft. Balcony beside us. We're hoping the dividers open up so that we can have one big balcony.

We spoke to two separate Customer Service Reps at Carnival and both confirmed that they would have loungers on the Havana Extended Aft balcony's, so surely they would have them in the Cabana's also.

BTW, love your quote! Words to live by!

Yeah but I don't have a suite...hammocks only in the 4 suites

Excuse the butt-in - Is that true?

John Heald actually announced on his Facebook page about three weeks ago that all Havana Cabana rooms will have hammocks. Carnival was very tight lipped about this for a while, but it appears they've decided. This conflicts a bit with some mock ups, but that's not unusual. The Havana Suites will only have a larger room, not a different Cabana. This is as of the latest update, unless this has changed again.

Not sure that we can take a CG Image as proof-positive but:

havana.jpg

Just read on another thread that all havana cabanas will have the hammock swing chair. Apparently Carnival announced it about 3 weeks ago! Yipppeeee!! Won't make or break the cruise if I don't have one, but it sure looks like a great place to "hang out".

Just read on another thread that all havana cabanas will have the hammock swing chair. Apparently Carnival announced it about 3 weeks ago! Yipppeeee!! Won't make or break the cruise if I don't have one, but it sure looks like a great place to "hang out".

I hope that's true. Do you know how to find this announcement?

Cool!

For those asking about the hammocks, they will be available for suites only.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The picture is just showing the 2 suites. Carnival employees are definitely telling folks only the suites have hammocks. We shall see.

There are quite clearly ( well to me anyway ) 3 hammocks visible in that image. And as there are only 2 suites either side...one must assume that the other visible hammock belongs to a non-suite stateroom. But as it's just a CG mockup I guess it does count for nought and we will have to wait and see.

Ok, I have to ask too :). Would you be so kind as to link where you read this? I am in HC, and would really appreciate knowing. Thanks!

Ok, I have to ask too :). Would you be so kind as to link where you read this? I am in HC, and would really appreciate knowing. Thanks!

I don't know. It was on here (CC) somewhere. It said that John Heald announced it three weeks ago that there would be the swings on all Havana Cabana lanais. Let me see if I can find it.

Found it. It was posted by Canadian_J.

John Heald actually announced on his Facebook page about three weeks ago that all Havana Cabana rooms will have hammocks. Carnival was very tight lipped about this for a while, but it appears they've decided. This conflicts a bit with some mock ups, but that's not unusual. The Havana Suites will only have a larger room, not a different Cabana. This is as of the latest update, unless this has changed again.

Edited by mrsfuzzmo