Havana Cabana vs Havana ext. Aft

happy cruiser1234

I don't know. It was on here (CC) somewhere. It said that John Heald announced it three weeks ago that there would be the swings on all Havana Cabana lanais. Let me see if I can find it.

Found it. It was posted by Canadian_J.

John Heald actually announced on his Facebook page about three weeks ago that all Havana Cabana rooms will have hammocks. Carnival was very tight lipped about this for a while, but it appears they've decided. This conflicts a bit with some mock ups, but that's not unusual. The Havana Suites will only have a larger room, not a different Cabana. This is as of the latest update, unless this has changed again.

I should have remembered this! Canadian J and I are in the Vista Repo roll call together, and he is very up to date in things :)

Thanks for digging up his post :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hello,

We just booked an Havana Ext Aft cabin on Vista for March 2018. Also booked a Havana inside cabin for our teenage girls. Now, the more i think about this location i'm worried that it will be noisy and not very private. We booked centre Aft. on deck 7.

After 5pm when they open the Havana area to everyone, do you think it will get loud and crowded? Does Carnival close the pool at a certain hour? Or is it open all night?

We Love having a nice quiet balcony where we can stare out at the ocean but i'm thinking that perhaps the Havana Cabana cabin would be a bit quieter? :confused: The thing that concerns me with the Cabana Cabins is that we would have to keep our curtains closed most of the time while inside the cabin, because people walking by would be able to see in.

Which would you choose?

This is exactly why I booked a Havana Premium balcony room instead of the Aft Extended. It's the L shaped room on the Deck 6. The balcony is Long rather than wide and it faces the water and not the Havana area. I wanted the Havana Aft Wrap, but according to the pictures, it faces almost solely towards the Aft and doesn't really wrap much on Deck 6. I too am 2 years away. January 2018.

I thought I heard my name!

I'm actually on the fence about the great hammock debate now. While we did get confirmation (via JH as referenced above) the website seems to suggest otherwise in some of the written descriptions. However, the mock up pictures support that every cabana will have a hammock.

In conclusion, I'm not 100% confident about the hammocks right now. I'm hopeful that all cabanas will have one, but I've seen evidence to support both sides. It's possible Carnival hasn't yet confirmed this, and it could always change. My fingers are crossed for a hammock though :) will let you know if I hear anything else!

Thanks Canadian-J! No matter what, I'm gonna love that Lanai! Hammock chair or not!

I am too! I think the lanai idea is fabulous. My husband though...... he's not too sure about that no private balcony thing. :) So if ya'll see the old dude in his pajamas, just ignore him.

I am too! I think the lanai idea is fabulous. My husband though...... he's not too sure about that no private balcony thing. :) So if ya'll see the old dude in his pajamas, just ignore him.

Oh I'm totally planning on hanging out on my lanai in my pjs. Relaxing on a lounger with a cup of coffee, you bet!! I have a feeling everyone will be doing the same, so not worried about it at all.

Hmmm, I'd better go shopping for some cute new pjs.

Oh I'm totally planning on hanging out on my lanai in my pjs. Relaxing on a lounger with a cup of coffee, you bet!! I have a feeling everyone will be doing the same, so not worried about it at all.

Hmmm, I'd better go shopping for some cute new pjs.

Ha! No kidding; I better have lounging clothing for the patio :) I'm hoping there is a coffee maker in each room! I'm also wondering what the door will be....sliding door? The regular door would seem strange.

Ha! No kidding; I better have lounging clothing for the patio :) I'm hoping there is a coffee maker in each room! I'm also wondering what the door will be....sliding door? The regular door would seem strange.

From the renderings, it appears to be a slider. I think a regular door would be strange too. I guess we will have to wait and see when the ship is finally released and we can get some actual photos.

As far as the coffee....I think there will be coffee right in the Havana Lounge area (along with some breakfast items) so that would be super convenient. Sure hope they are OK with me sneaking in in my robe to grab a cup!! :)

Has anyone figured out where the entrance to the hallway will be?? None of the deck plans show where we will enter the "back hall" that would take us to the lounge. Will we enter right through the Havana Bar? That should be interesting.

From the renderings, it appears to be a slider. I think a regular door would be strange too. I guess we will have to wait and see when the ship is finally released and we can get some actual photos.

As far as the coffee....I think there will be coffee right in the Havana Lounge area (along with some breakfast items) so that would be super convenient. Sure hope they are OK with me sneaking in in my robe to grab a cup!! :)

Has anyone figured out where the entrance to the hallway will be?? None of the deck plans show where we will enter the "back hall" that would take us to the lounge. Will we enter right through the Havana Bar? That should be interesting.

The entrance to the HC rooms has been discussed by our group. Using a transporter device (think Star Trek) and sneaking through rooms are two possibilities we've floated ;) Clearly, the deck plans need "tweaking".

The entrance to the HC rooms has been discussed by our group. Using a transporter device (think Star Trek) and sneaking through rooms are two possibilities we've floated ;) Clearly, the deck plans need "tweaking".

I think it would be cool if they made it like entering a Speakeasy. Push this hidden button, or slide the book on the bookcase and the wall slides open. How cool would that be??

Would anyone mind sharing what the Havana cabins with the hammocks are being priced at? Are they comparable or more than your average suite?

The Havana Suite I checked was $33.40/day/person more than an Ocean Suite.

Cloud 9 was $50/day/person more than an Ocean Suite.

Grand Suite was $133.40 more than an OS.

I was just on the Carnival web site, and they now have floor plans for the Havana Cabana Cabins (At least those on Deck 5). From the floor plan it appears that the Havana suite has a double sink in the bathroom, one lounge chair on the lanai, a chair with a foot stool, and the hammock chair. On the "Balcony" floor plan I saw a lounger and a chair with foot rest, but no hammock. Of course this is an artist conceptual drawing and not a photo.

I am ready for May; warmer weather (It's -3 degrees right now), and photos and first hand reports for the Vista.

I was just on the Carnival web site, and they now have floor plans for the Havana Cabana Cabins (At least those on Deck 5). From the floor plan it appears that the Havana suite has a double sink in the bathroom, one lounge chair on the lanai, a chair with a foot stool, and the hammock chair. On the "Balcony" floor plan I saw a lounger and a chair with foot rest, but no hammock. Of course this is an artist conceptual drawing and not a photo.

I am ready for May; warmer weather (It's -3 degrees right now), and photos and first hand reports for the Vista.

Was there a floor plan for the Havana Cabana? Not the suite? That's the one in question. I think it's understood that the Havana Balcony (aft in the Havana category) will not have the hammock chairs, but the Havana Cabana cabins are in question. :)

Was there a floor plan for the Havana Cabana? Not the suite? That's the one in question. I think it's understood that the Havana Balcony (aft in the Havana category) will not have the hammock chairs, but the Havana Cabana cabins are in question. :)

Yes, the floor plan was for the Havana Cabana's on deck 5. I saw floor plans for the suites, lanai cabins, and interior. The suites had the hammock, the regular Havana Cabins did not. However, this is just a drawing. Who really knows what will send up in each cabin.

The Havana cabanas and balconies have their own lounge area? That would be great!

Hello,

We just booked an Havana Ext Aft cabin on Vista for March 2018. Also booked a Havana inside cabin for our teenage girls. Now, the more i think about this location i'm worried that it will be noisy and not very private. We booked centre Aft. on deck 7.

After 5pm when they open the Havana area to everyone, do you think it will get loud and crowded? Does Carnival close the pool at a certain hour? Or is it open all night?

We Love having a nice quiet balcony where we can stare out at the ocean but i'm thinking that perhaps the Havana Cabana cabin would be a bit quieter? :confused: The thing that concerns me with the Cabana Cabins is that we would have to keep our curtains closed most of the time while inside the cabin, because people walking by would be able to see in.

Which would you choose?

We're in 7456 for our cruise in April 2017.

Hello,

Which would you choose?

So, I don't know a ton about Latin/Cuba/Puerto Rican culture, but I do know from our cruises out of San Juan that Puerto Ricans like to party. I'm guessing that the Havana area will embrace Cuban culture and lend itself to more of a party atmosphere. Will it get quiet, I'm sure it will, but I can imagine the party going for awhile at night.

The Havana cabanas and balconies have their own lounge area? That would be great!

It's currently unclear if it's ONLY for use of the passengers in the Havana cabins during the day or if it will be open to the entire ship, but I understand that the Havana Lounge/Bar area will have some small snacks/breakfast types of food throughout the day.

It's currently unclear if it's ONLY for use of the passengers in the Havana cabins during the day or if it will be open to the entire ship, but I understand that the Havana Lounge/Bar area will have some small snacks/breakfast types of food throughout the day.

Hmmmm, I thought I read somewhere that the Havana pool and lounge will be open only to Havana cabin guests until 5 or 6, then or will be open to anyone.

From John Heald:

Havana pool and outside area/bar:

• Available only to Havana guests including kids 12 and older up to 5pm

• At 5pm the area would become available for all guests including smaller children

Havana Lounge/bar

• Available to all guests throughout the day

From John Heald:

Havana pool and outside area/bar:

• Available only to Havana guests including kids 12 and older up to 5pm

• At 5pm the area would become available for all guests including smaller children

Havana Lounge/bar

• Available to all guests throughout the day

Thanks! That's what I'd read as well, but I've read other accounts as well, so we cannot be 100% sure until someone starts sailing on her.

Doesn't matter to me who's allowed where, I'm just pumped for my Cabana style cabin!! AND if they deliver drinks to the lanais.........WoooHoo!! Even more excited! (This is only speculation/dreaming and no one knows whether or not they will do this of course).