Laundry detergent?

airgunnerusn

I just added a page to our website devoted to answering your question!

The answer is yes and here's more:

http://www.lifeiscruising.com/services

Happy Cruising

Chris

www.LifeIsCruising.com

Next up:

Caribbean Princess 06/26/04

Star Princess 10/24/04

Diamond Princess 12/22/04

Carnival Miracle 03/13/05

Yes, they do sell detergent in the vending machines. I think it was around $1. One thing they do not sell is dryer sheets, so if you use them, you might want to take along a few.

I usually pack the laundry 'tablets' of my favorite deetergent just so I have the one I like with me.

Tahitian Princess 10/14/04

RCI-Legend of the Seas 3/27/05 Panama Canal.

One Phantom Booking still open with Princess.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Toto2Kansas:

I usually pack the laundry 'tablets' of my favorite deetergent just so I have the one I like with me. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where did you find laundry "tablets"?? I turned NY and NYC over looking for those things and couldn't find a store that sold them. I just thought they did not sell them anymore (took powder in a double ziplock!).

QE2 - 2000

Grand Princess - 2002

Coral Princess - 2004

I usually take the tablets, too. I bought a pretty big box a year or two ago, and have been using those whenever I've needed portable detergent. But, when I went recently to find a 'refill', I couldn't find the tablets in either my grocery store or Target, so I wonder if they are still making them??

"I'm gonna book myself on that Princess Cruise."

-- Fox Mulder, X-Files 'Three Words'

Hummmm I hadn't looked lately, didn't realize they stopped selling them. I really liked those tablets, they weren't messy and easy to carry to the laundry room in my little portable hamber I take on cruises. I sure hope I have a few left for the next trip.

Will look next time I go back to the store to see if they still sell them around here.

Tahitian Princess 10/14/04

RCI-Legend of the Seas 3/27/05 Panama Canal.

One Phantom Booking still open with Princess.

Have never seen anything except TIDE in the vending machines. I'm allergic to it so bring my own.

Future cruises:

May 04 Amsterdam

Sept. 04 Star Princess x 2

Jan. 05 Diamond Princess

July 05 Star Princess

Aug. 05 Star Pincess

Past cruises:

04 Dawn Princess x 2

03 Grand,Sun,Tahitian,

Royal Princess x 2,Island Princess

01 Ryndam x 2

00 Sky Princess

79 Sitmar's Fairwind

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CruisingIsLife:

The answer is yes and here's more:

http://www.lifeiscruising.com/services<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow Chris, your website is the coolest! Just when I think I've seen every page, there's more! The mural/changing pics is the cooest! Thanks for posting that link!

Happy Sails,

Mrs. Tulpule

133048249pdgnND_th.jpg133602221JczsZh_th.jpg133602907kMhHvb_th.jpg133041689xgejxJ_th.jpg

Naren, "But I can't help falling in love with you."

Click here to see more wedding pictures

icon_smile.gif CCL Paradise 9/23/2000 #U161 - icon_frown.gif CCL Holiday 3/5/2001 #M32 - icon_cool.gificon_wink.gif RCCL Explorer 9/1/2001 #7298 - icon_smile.gif CCL Ecstasy 12/7/2001 #R171 - icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif CCL Pride 3/2/2002 #6194 - icon_biggrin.gif RCCL Vision 10/11/02 #4521 - icon_biggrin.gif CCL Ecstasy 12/27/2002 #E135 - icon_smile.gif CCL Ecstasy 1/20/2003 #U197 - icon_biggrin.gif RCCL Monarch 12/19/03 #9580 - icon_cool.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gif CCL Ecstasy 2/6/04 #M209

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;5;16;17;00;00&timezone=GMT+0200 ... until our Star Honeymoon

time98.gif

My local stores (northern New England) have stopped selling the detergent tablets. Are they available anywhere, or have the manufacturers (WISK, Tide) discontinued them? I'm disappointed, as they are perfect for traveling.

I wanted Wisk but couldn't find it, so settled for Purex tablets available at my local Publix gracery store.

There was one report by alj that the Princess shampoo worked for laundry. I would think it might make too many suds.

Gloria

Grand Princess, Eastern, April 2001

Grand Princess, Western,April 2002

Regal to Hawaii, April 5-20, 2004

I had been using the Wisk tabs (buying them in big boxes at BJ's Wholesale Club) for years but couldn't find them anymore, so I went to Tide tabs. Now my box of Tide tabs ran out, so I started looking around and can find NEITHER Tide nor Wisk tabs, but did find a TINY box of Purex tabs in my local Giant grocery store.

I've taken Wisk or Tide tabs on every one of my cruises and I am so sad that I can't find them anymore! icon_frown.gif

I too have been looking for tablets to take on our cruise in Aug/Sept.

We can call 1-800-ASK-WISK to see if they are available anywhere. I may try to call them tomorrow.

icon_smile.gif Maybe better is this website:

http://www.dialcorp.com/storelocator/storeloc2.cfm

where you can search for a store near you that sells the Purex tablets. I first looked for the 48 loads and it said none found. Then I searched for the 24 loads and it showed them available at our local CVS Pharmacy. So - it does make a difference what size box you are looking for.

Julie

Deuteronomy 4:29

<')))><

Grand Princess 8/17/04 Baltic B2B with 8/27/04 Transatlantic & 11/27/04 Western Caribbean

Hi Julie,

I went to all the stores in Omaha that Tide said carried the Tide Tablets and none of them did - so it is probably best to call the store first. I checked Purex last weekend and it came up with one store and when I checked, they hadn't carried it in months.

90% of the stores where I live are owned by 2 companies and they all seem to be not buying anything tablet formed ;(

Theresa

Julie I just went on the link that you posted all of our Raleys and the Kmart by us carry purex tabs. Will try them I am also allergic to Tide.

Thank you

Delores

5/6 Regal Princess/ San Francisco

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;6;15;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Thanks for the tip Theresa - I won't get my hopes up! Have to go there tomorrow anyway, so I'll dig to the back on their shelves and see if there might be some hidden & forgotten.

Looks like I may be putting quarters in the detergent dispenser as well as the washers & dryers - or will tuck small baggies of the powder in the suitcase corners.

This will be our first cruise to do laundry. No way to pack for 30 days away from home without planning on at least 1 day of laundry duty - more likely 2.

We have cool max socks and undies that we wash in the sink. If the weather is cool - and dry, we will get more mileage out of our clothes. Maybe Princess will offer the laundry "stuff the bag as full as you can" for one reasonable price. All of that sounds even better than finding the tablets. icon_biggrin.gif.

Julie

Deuteronomy 4:29

<')))><

Grand Princess 8/17/04 Baltic B2B with 8/27/04 Transatlantic & 11/27/04 Western Caribbean

Archived