Jade Ultimate Towel "Animal"

In over 30 cruises, I had never had a towel animal, until I cruised on NCL. On my first NCL cruise, I got a couple and on my second I got one every night. One that I will never forget, because I walk into my cabin when it was dark and I thought there was someone standing in the middle of the cabin, I have to say I was taken aback. That is until I turned on the light and it was a monkey hanging from the ceiling, but I swear in the dark it looked like a person.

On a 10 nt cruise last month I had a menagerie of towel animals...they accumulated and were never taken away...how are they being re-used when they stacked up until departure. Don't forget to use your bathroom towel twice, though...

I don't know of any mainstream cruise ships that generate their own power, but that would be awesome!

On our 14 day repositioning cruise we accumulated 10 towel animals. After that, we lost one or more of the old animals per day and received a new one at night.

OK...I am prepared for the flame.

Why, oh why...

There is always a message to remind us to throw towels on the floor to use them again to "save the sea".

I don't mind using a towel a couple of times...I am not generally very filthy.

Can someone please explain to me how we are helping the environment by using a towel twice when we return to our cabin to find a towel orangutan hanging from the ceiling?

They are not unfolding those towels and hanging them in your bathroom...so what is the point?

If you conserve towel usage, but delight in towel animals (or people)...you are a hypocrite.

If they really cared about conservation it would be a choice in your settings. No one really wants to tell your cabin attendant "Enough with the towel animals!" They are just trying to be nice and do a good job. Don't then pretend that we are helping to save the earth by using our towels twice...because that is just false.

I got a nice towel animal...it was a mouse in a coffee cup, made of one washcloth and two little pieces of paper for eyes. Enough!

I didn't need a seal and a bulldog and an elephant.

In short, stop asking me to re-use towels in the name of conservation...then litter my room with towel animals.

It makes no sense.

Flame on Towel Animal Lovers!

For those who don't care for towel animals, just kindly tell your room steward that they're not necessary and please don't bring anymore. I'm sure making fewer towel animals would make their jobs much easier.

As for conservation, making towel animals may use towels but reusing towels still *does* conserve resources, whether towel animals are made or not. (Personally, I find it wasteful to replace towels daily, so their method of conservation doesn't bother me at all.)

On the conservation note, one of my pet peeves is at land based hotels where they have the placard that says hang your towel on the hook to reuse,and I do, and they replace it anyway and then take the soap that has been used once and replace it with a fresh bar. One trip the housekeeper and I played quite a game of hide and seek with the soap.

That makes no sense to throw out the soap. I'd let the front desk know so they would stop. I realize the housekeepers may not realize it's costing the hotel additional money, but there are some that might do it just to spite "management."

Too funny about the hide and seek. Sad that you have to resort to that!

My 2 cents on the towel animals - I think they either have the majority of them premade and just reuse, or there is a set of towels that are used for the towel animals and they just refresh the supply as necessary.

The bathrobe for the towel person is not the bathrobe from your cabin.

And here's our person from September.

<a href=SAM_0669_zpsejmfbxpn.jpg' alt='SAM_0669_

Edited by cml4958

On our 14 day repositioning cruise we accumulated 10 towel animals. After that, we lost one or more of the old animals per day and received a new one at night.

Did they wander off early in the morning to grab a lounger by the pool?

0831024x670_zps57eec68c.jpg

photo by cruisermeg

I try to keep the animals intact so that the CS can use them again (maybe to save them the 30 seconds it probably takes them to make a new one), but TBH I have no idea if they do or just launder the towels. Maybe someone going on a cruise soon can ask their CS.

We always enjoy the towel animal, but take it apart and use the towel the next morning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Amazing...I can be as "not fun" as the next guy, but wow....just wow...

If you are REALLY that concerned about the environment, you absolutely don't need to be cruising in the first place....It's a HUGE waste of resources...

Actually, you don't need to be travelling at all, unless it's absolutely necessary.

If you're just griping because they have the "audacity" to ask you to conserve towels, as does practically EVERY other hotel in the universe, while wantonly going about making towel animals, then again.....wow.....just wow...you try too hard to be PO'ed....

Note......I did not quote anyone...not trying to start an argument. I'm just amazed, sometimes, at the level of the "issues" people raise on this forum.

Edited by projectorguy1
Added note...

Amazing...I can be as "not fun" as the next guy, but wow....just wow...

If you are REALLY that concerned about the environment, you absolutely don't need to be cruising in the first place....It's a HUGE waste of resources...

Actually, you don't need to be travelling at all, unless it's absolutely necessary.

If you're just griping because they have the "audacity" to ask you to conserve towels, as does practically EVERY other hotel in the universe, while wantonly going about making towel animals, then again.....wow.....just wow...you try too hard to be PO'ed....

Note......I did not quote anyone...not trying to start an argument. I'm just amazed, sometimes, at the level of the "issues" people raise on this forum.

I am hardly "PO'ed"...just pointing out the hypocrisy of requests to re-use towels and then having a menagerie of towel animals piling up in my stateroom.

To each, their own.

If you want to untwist a towel animal and use it to wash your face and bottom...more power to you.

Not my thing.

I also don't need a chocolate on my pillow.

My husband and I are big kids when it comes down to it. We love seeing the creative towel creatures that are sharing the room with us. We wind up naming them eventually.

We have had the orangutan, alligator, small person, bulldog, bunnies, dogs etc.

I think there are many more serious things we should be worried about...and not towel animals.