Explorer of the Seas - Complimentary Drinks in Main Dining Roon

mv13

Hi all

I am cruising on Explorer of the Seas in March and have a question regarding complimentary drinks. I understand that standard tea, coffee, juice and lemonade etc is available in the buffet without the purchase of a drinks package.

Can anyone tell me if these drinks are also available in the Main Dining Room at night free of charge?

Thanks!

Mel

Hi all

I am cruising on Explorer of the Seas in March and have a question regarding complimentary drinks. I understand that standard tea, coffee, juice and lemonade etc is available in the buffet without the purchase of a drinks package.

Can anyone tell me if these drinks are also available in the Main Dining Room at night free of charge?

Thanks!

Mel

Yes, same drinks available for free, and iced tea too (buffet and restaurants).

Edited by clarea

I think it's carbonated lemonade, ie softdrink/soda, however a recent cruiser may be able to confirm.

Regards

Mel

Lemonade on RC ships is not carbonated. It is a powdered mix/cordial and water/KoolAid type drink depending on what country you are from and what it is called there.

Carbonated beverages/soda/pop are available but not free. You either pay for individually or have a beverage package that includes.

I think it's carbonated lemonade, ie softdrink/soda, however a recent cruiser may be able to confirm.

Regards

Mel

No, it isn't and never has been the carbonated drink we would call lemonade/sprite etc. I don't know why you thought this, but it's American lemonade, which is more like lemon cordial.

The free drinks in MDR and Windjammer are not carbonated, they are cordial style drinks.

If you consume a fair bit of carbonated soft drinks then buy the online AU$10/day soft drinks package before departure. It is not available on board as the cheapest soft drink package is US$22 from memory (but I could be wrong). You will then get the drinks from the dispensers using the special drink container. (In Windjammer on the early days many tried to use normal glasses but found they didn't work)

The free drinks in MDR and Windjammer are not carbonated, they are cordial style drinks.

If you consume a fair bit of carbonated soft drinks then buy the online AU$10/day soft drinks package before departure. It is not available on board as the cheapest soft drink package is US$22 from memory (but I could be wrong). You will then get the drinks from the dispensers using the special drink container. (In Windjammer on the early days many tried to use normal glasses but found they didn't work)

You can still buy the soda package on board. The $22 is the replenish package which is the next one up, but I have bought the basic soda package onboard before.

Does carbonated sodas (Like Coke or Sprite) come free with meals in the windjammer or the MDR during meal times? They used to?

Free soda with meals went away years ago. However, they will gladly sell you a can of soda for around $3.

The only "free" juice was at breakfast as far as I could see when I cruised in December. At lunch there is the lemon cordial/American lemonade (non-carbonated) and a very weak berry cordial of some description...couldn't figure out what it was meant to be. The soda package was $US11 per day and you get a special cup for the machines but you can also order from any bar or dining room and get sodas as they put a sticker on your seapass card.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Edited by Layn33

Do they have soda water? (Aka club soda or sparkling water) I don't allow my 3 year old soda, but she likes soda water, (bubbles without the sugar :) )

Yes, but it's not a "free" drink. You would either need a soda package or purchase cans separately at around $3 per can.

I love the lemonade! The tea, however, ugh! I like my tea brewed and sweetened with cane sugar. :o Mixing them half and half makes a pretty good drink though.

Where in the world is lemonade a carbonated beverage though? I believe we call that Sprite here :D

Edited by ryano

I love the lemonade! The tea, however, ugh! I like my tea brewed and sweetened with cane sugar. :o Mixing them half and half makes a pretty good drink though.

Where in the world is lemonade a carbonated beverage though? I believe we call that Sprite here :D

Offhand, UK, Australia, New Zealand, and Ireland, if I remember right.

You just answered your own question. We have a carbonated lemon drink and we call it Sprite. Overseas, they just have different names for these things. I believe that I also saw something similar in the grocery stores here in southern Ontario: President's choice sparkling lemonade.

Now all this talk makes me miss Country Time lemonade and also Wink. I liked those and can't get them around here any more.

Edited by TBone2K

• 4 months later...

I cannot believe you have to pay so much to get a soda. I like to have one or two a day, but having a hard time justifying paying $19/day in advance for soft drinks. Guess it comes with premium coffee. Is that worth it for the coffee lovers, like me?

In Australia! If it isn't carbonated we would call that lemon cordial.

Schweppes Lemonade is one of our popular varieties although you can get other brands, including Sprite but that is a lemon and lime carbonated drink.

I cannot believe you have to pay so much to get a soda. I like to have one or two a day, but having a hard time justifying paying $19/day in advance for soft drinks. Guess it comes with premium coffee. Is that worth it for the coffee lovers, like me?

If you just want soda there is the refreshment package which is something like $7 a day.