Travelling with Alcohol

I'm hoping someone has experience with this.

I am taking a Carnival cruise, getting off and spending 1 night in Miami before getting on a RCI cruise (our 1st!) Now my question is, on my 1st cruise I plan to purchase duty free alcohol. I dont want to bring it to my cabin on the 2nd cruise, I was hoping to turn it over to port authority and figured it would be returned on my last night. I called RCI and they said no, it will be destroyed and that's because of the port of Miami rules and maybe to call the port. I called the port and they said they follow the cruise lines rules and it has nothing to do with them.... So does anyone have experience with doing a sort of B2B with alcohol??

Thank you!!

Unless you know someone on Miami who will keep your alcohol, I'd put it in your checked bag for the second cruise. Your bag will be detained in security, they will take the alcohol, and return it to you at the end of the cruise.

Good idea!Im just worried that they would destroy the alcohol instead of returning it.

My ports are much better on the 1st cruise to be honest, the 2nd cruise was actually just supposed to be a relaxing week in Fort Lauderdale and was impulsively booked last min:rolleyes:

Good idea!Im just worried that they would destroy the alcohol instead of returning it.

My ports are much better on the 1st cruise to be honest, the 2nd cruise was actually just supposed to be a relaxing week in Fort Lauderdale and was impulsively booked last min:rolleyes:

Buy on board. ;)