Slow Corporate Celebrity Service

TexasBlue7

I've book our first Celebrity cruise to Alaska and starting to wonder if we picked the right Cruise line. It has been one problem after another at the corporate site. Our latest is they didn't give us the correct two bonuses for the trip. They got it correct (we hope) two days ago, but when I ask why I can't see the corrections on my reservations all they can tell me is how busy they are and that it can take another department up to 7 days to correct our records. I've even talk to a supervisor and they really don't seem to care. Any one else have issues like this with Celebrity? :mad:

If you read this board there are THOUSANDS who have complained about Celebrity's slow customer service and terrible website breakdowns.

Now, let me welcome you to Cruise Critic and suggest that you call a big box TA. Lets them deal with the things you are frustrated about and do not forget to ask them for some additional OBC.

In Celebrity's defense right now they and everyone else cruising to the Caribbean is completely buried in Zika panic. Many with all the lines are cancelling and moving cruises and all this takes time. Our local TA which sells maybe 20 cruises a day received over 200 calls yesterday alone!

I am very new to the Celebrity experience. I documented my issues regarding a pricing upsell and emailed Concerns@Celebrity.com. I may be off a little, but I received 2 phone calls and an email follow-up taking care of the issue.

Overall, I was very satisfied with the responsiveness. I was surprised that the issue was resolved the way I wished----I honestly thought there was going to be a compromise.

Hope this helps.

Did you get an e-mail/PDF of your invoice showing the correct details? If so, don't worry about the website (as others have mentioned it's horrible). Take that along with you and all will be good.

If not, I'm sure the website will be updated.... just slower than we think it should.

RickT, no written input from them at all so far. That is why I called them. Just don't respond to me on the phone that in this day and age of computers that when you book a cruise that includes some free packages that those have to be entered manually and it takes up to 7 days to do it. Sorry 42+ years in the IT world and I know better. :)

I've book our first Celebrity cruise to Alaska and starting to wonder if we picked the right Cruise line. It has been one problem after another at the corporate site. Our latest is they didn't give us the correct two bonuses for the trip. They got it correct (we hope) two days ago, but when I ask why I can't see the corrections on my reservations all they can tell me is how busy they are and that it can take another department up to 7 days to correct our records. I've even talk to a supervisor and they really don't seem to care. Any one else have issues like this with Celebrity? :mad:

I have had the BBB and the 123 promo and the only perks I ever see on my online reservation is the drink pkg.. But all the perks are shown on your "Guest Copy" invoice. Call and ask them to send you an updated one.

We booked TA cruise back in December, using FCC with some perks. First, I was told it will take 2-3 weeks to get perks on reservation, after calling again - was said - 2-3 months, but at least they added perk promo codes on reservation. Hopefully by the time we go in October, 2017 - it all will be applied.;) I have booked on board many times and never had any delays for applying promo perks. Sometimes X appears very incompetent. Or maybe this is what the Modern Luxury is all about...:rolleyes: