Excursions--any "musts" on Eastern Carribean?

verrybusy

Good afternoon. I have sailed with Disney and RC with family, but I will be taking my fist solo cruise on NCL Escape for Spring Break. I come from a military family and we have done some traveling and have seen some beaches...but as I get ready to sail, I am wondering if there are excursions or sights that experienced cruisers truly feel are not to be missed? I do like to take my fair share of pictures, and great photos would be reason enough for me to spend a few hours bouncing around in a tram, etc. My extended family, who I usually travel with, prefer to enjoy the less crowded ship on port days, but I suspect there are experiences that I should include.

Thoughts? I know that I have some research to do, but if anyone is willing to share an excursion that they truly enjoyed and felt was worth the expense, I am grateful for the info.

What's a 'must do" depends on YOU! What excites YOU?

How insightful. :rolleyes: Why don't you say what excites YOU and WHY. That way the person reading this could tell if any of the reasons you give match up with their personality and desires. Maybe you like going to the Baths because it's a physical adventure with beautiful caves. The reader can decide for themselves if that sounds like something they'd like to do.

Knowing which ports you will be visiting might make it easier for others to "narrow down" the possibilities of what you can do or see in each port. For example, as you're sailing to the Eastern Caribbean--imagine you might stop at St. Thomas or St. Maarten, which are pretty staple ports for that itinerary. Spending time at one of the beaches in St. Thomas or taking the ferry over to St. John and snorkeling at Trunk Bay are popular choices, also a stop at Maho Beach in St. Maarten to see the planes land and take off is always fun.

For me my favorites are:

Tortola: an excursion to the Baths on Virgin Gorda and a trip into Road Town to Sunny Carribee to pick up hot mango sauce. mmmmm! http://sunnycaribbee.com/

St. Thomas: Champagne Catamaran to St. Johns and snorkel. Only Belize compares IMHO.

St. Martin: I like to go over to the French side and shop and have a meal or a drink.

Nassau: I really enjoyed the Pirate Museum there. There is always Atlantis, but it isn't really my kind of place.

I hope this helps a little.

St. Thomas-Enjoy the beaches, St. Johns is quieter but won't allow time for shopping, if you have any interest.

St. Maartin-I like Orient Beach first and then Maho Beach for the early afternoon planes, just leave plenty of time to get back to the ship.:D