Do rfs have a dvd player

Fostelo

If you are in a cabin without a DVD player, I assume if you have a laptop and bring an HDMI cable, it's a pretty easy fix to watch DVD's that way also?

The stateroom TVs and standard remotes don't allow selection of another input. Some people have reported that beinging a universal remote allows them to select another input.

The stateroom TVs and standard remotes don't allow selection of another input. Some people have reported that beinging a universal remote allows them to select another input.

During my last three cruises (Oasis, Enchantment, Grandeur), my stateroom had an LCD HDTV and I was able to connect my iPad to the HDMI1 input on the back of the TV. I have the Apple digital HDMI adapter and then an HDMI cable.

The remote control in the stateroom has a "SOURCE" button that allowed me to select the HDMI1 input on the TV in all three cases. I didn't have to bring my own universal remote.

This could be another infamous RCI inconsistency across ships :) It could be that some stateroom TVs are locked down a bit further than others.

During my last three cruises (Oasis, Enchantment, Grandeur), my stateroom had an LCD HDTV and I was able to connect my iPad to the HDMI1 input on the back of the TV. I have the Apple digital HDMI adapter and then an HDMI cable.

The remote control in the stateroom has a "SOURCE" button that allowed me to select the HDMI1 input on the TV in all three cases. I didn't have to bring my own universal remote.

This could be another infamous RCI inconsistency across ships :) It could be that some stateroom TVs are locked down a bit further than others.

Thanks for the update. It may be that as Royal is replacing TVs, they allow the input selection. I know that on our Enchantment cruise last year, we could not change the input at all.