Tortola excursion comparison!

beerman2

We used Viator for a Grand Canyon excursion in Vegas once because that was the only option. But would recommend using local options when available since Viator typically uses the same operators and charges you or them for the service. Having said that the only self-excursion I'm aware of currently is taking the ferry out of West End, or a water taxi out of Cane Garden Bay (if you are in port long enough). If interested in the water taxi I'll dig up the contact info.

We used viator for a couple tours in Paris and had no issues with them and quite enjoyed the tours. All done with locals. We looked for a fishing excursion on Nassau and found one on viator. And for some reason it's $50 less through viator than through the tour operator. Weird, but needless to say we have booked that fishing tour through viator for our cruise in March.

Edited by Bossladyn

Yes Viator and similar operators make sense in larger markets, we found using one of these in Puerto Vallarta while staying there was much cheaper than going through the operator providing the tour - go figure. But generally in small markets like Tortola look at your options. Many of the best excursions are not marketed by third-party operators.

I posted Mitch's contact info in another thread if interested in a water taxi to Jost.

Edited by blue_water