Service Levels on a Transatlantic Cruise

SelectSys

I am going on my first transatlantic cruise this April and just made my final payment. In looking at my all in price, I am kind of amazed at what a good deal it is on a daily basis.

Should I expect a lower level of service, food and entertainment since the prices are so low for my cruise in comparison to some other cruises? I am also thinking that the number of diamond and above level of passengers could be very large.

What are previous passenger experiences on these cruises with respect to the on board service level during transatlantic cruises?

Low prices have nothing to do with service levels, and everything to do with supply and demand.

We've done several transatlantics and don't see any diference in service level. It's also nice to have many additional different menus in the MDR.

Low prices have nothing to do with service levels, and everything to do with supply and demand.

We've done several transatlantics and don't see any diference in service level. It's also nice to have many additional different menus in the MDR.

Yes, I have never found the menus to repeat on any of my cruises to date - other than their standard nightly selections such as salmon.

Also, it is nice being able to go off peak season. In the past, I always paid more so that my kids could be present.

Edited by SelectSys

Everything's just as good as usual on the TAs. Weather can sometimes affect performances. I remember once there was something acrobatic scheduled that was initially postponed and finally cancelled for safety reasons due to bad weather, but they managed to put something else on instead. With the longer trip you really get to know your dining staff and favourite bar staff, and it gives them a chance to shine :)

I am also thinking that the number of diamond and above level of passengers could be very large.

Yes, there will likely be high numbers of C&A members on board. TA per day prices have always been lower than most other sailings, but that doesn't affect service.

We love TA's they are a great chance to relax and enjoy the ship and meet and make new friends.

They are great value and no, the service level does not drop - well not that we've noticed anyway.

There usually is a higher amount of C&A members on TA's especially in the high tiers D, D+ and P and the lounges can be busy but the vouchers they get on the sea pass cards have helped relieve this a little as you can get your drinks at other bars.

The weather can play a factor and you may find your cruise deviates from its route if there is bad weather as happened to us on a past TA but you just get on with it and have another beer and relax.

There is also less children on board TA's

Have done a number of TA's have never felt the the standard of service to be any lower then other cruise's, if you are on IOS she only has three ports of call on a 13 night sailing less port a cheaper cruise. these cruise are very popular with C&A members.

Any comments regarding entertainment and shows? My assumption is that with many days at sea, the line has less chance to rotate entertainers.

Have done a number of TA's have never felt the the standard of service to be any lower then other cruise's, if you are on IOS she only has three ports of call on a 13 night sailing less port a cheaper cruise. these cruise are very popular with C&A members.

I am going on the Jewel. We have 5 ports between Fort Lauderdale and Rome.

Edited by SelectSys

Any comments regarding entertainment and shows? My assumption is that with many days at sea, the line has less chance to rotate entertainers....

Different entertainment every night. Never saw a headliner twice.

Looking at the Jewel TA you have 8 straight nights at sea before your first port IMO you will have 4 production shows and maybe 4 headliner's the first night show is a welcome aboard show which tend to be a little more low key then the others. Enjoy you will have great fun and remember the if you don't fancy the show there are other things going on around the ship.

I am going on my first transatlantic cruise this April and just made my final payment. In looking at my all in price, I am kind of amazed at what a good deal it is on a daily basis.

Should I expect a lower level of service, food and entertainment since the prices are so low for my cruise in comparison to some other cruises? I am also thinking that the number of diamond and above level of passengers could be very large.

What are previous passenger experiences on these cruises with respect to the on board service level during transatlantic cruises?

Big price drop today. For this cruise. Come on over to the roll call forum.

Big price drop today. For this cruise. Come on over to the roll call forum.

Bummer - it happened after my final payment. Can I get credit for that? I don't think I can. I am missing out on about $500.00

Looking at the Jewel TA you have 8 straight nights at sea before your first port IMO you will have 4 production shows and maybe 4 headliner's the first night show is a welcome aboard show which tend to be a little more low key then the others. Enjoy you will have great fun and remember the if you don't fancy the show there are other things going on around the ship.

For sure. Always lots of things to do. I am not at all worried.

Edited by SelectSys

Bummer - it happened after my final payment. Can I get credit for that? I don't think I can. I am missing out on about $500.00...

Even if you have made final payment, you can get a credit if it is before final payment date. If it's after dinal payment date, then no credit of any kind. However, check for any higher category staterooms than may have come down in price. You may be able to upgrade for little or no cost.

Even if you have made final payment, you can get a credit if it is before final payment date. If it's after dinal payment date, then no credit of any kind. However, check for any higher category staterooms than may have come down in price. You may be able to upgrade for little or no cost.

Well by the time I called my TA this morning it was too late. The deals had changed back. I am still happy, however, and looking forward to my cruise.

I did learn the policy that final payments for cruises more than 7 days are due 75 days prior to sailing. My TA actually charged my card early on this.

We've got the 14 night Rhapsody from Santos to Barcelona booked in April. Our first trans-Atlantic after 15 cruises. While it's an older ship, I echo the above statements in that you should definitely get to know your crew a bit better on a longer, more relaxing cruise. We are looking forward to a nice time across the Atlantic.

... I did learn the policy that final payments for cruises more than 7 days are due 75 days prior to sailing. My TA actually charged my card early on this.

It's common for TAs to have an earlier final payment date than the cruise line. In case something goes wrong with the charge, they have some time to fix it.

Well by the time I called my TA this morning it was too late. The deals had changed back. I am still happy, however, and looking forward to my cruise.

I did learn the policy that final payments for cruises more than 7 days are due 75 days prior to sailing. My TA actually charged my card early on this.

Don't know what kind of cabin you are in, but there are some balconies on deck 7 that are sale for around $2002 I just checked this morning. You may need to go onto the website Royal Caribbean.com and put a courtesy hold on a cabin and then call your TA to get the price adjusted. Since before final payment difference refunded to credit card or issued as on board credit. We ended up with $1200+ obc for this crossing. I urge u to check the website. If u don't mind switching cabins this is a great rate. They are obstructed, but if one could upgrade from an inside or ocean view this would be great! Hope to see u on the roll call.