Disembarkation in Syd

Tz17

Hi All,

I am picking up a few passengers off the Explorer of the Seas next week and was just wondering what time they should be off the ship and ready to be collected? They are staying on Deck 12 and the ship is scheduled to arrive at 0630. What would be the earliest they should clear customs do you think?

I'm coming from a distance so need to plan for it

Thanks

Hi All,

I am picking up a few passengers off the Explorer of the Seas next week and was just wondering what time they should be off the ship and ready to be collected? They are staying on Deck 12 and the ship is scheduled to arrive at 0630. What would be the earliest they should clear customs do you think?

I'm coming from a distance so need to plan for it

Thanks

It really depends on what they put on their disembarkation card and how soon they want to be off. Plus how mobile they are.

Will you be able to talk to them before then, if so make a plan now.

If they do a walk off by about 7:30-800 if they want a leisurely breakfast as late as about 9:30.

Our daughter often picks us up what we do is she parks either in George Street or in the car park down near Pier One, we ring her when we're off and then meet her in George Street, usually out the front of the Holiday Inn. Done and dusted.

It really depends on what they put on their disembarkation card and how soon they want to be off. Plus how mobile they are.

Will you be able to talk to them before then, if so make a plan now.

If they do a walk off by about 7:30-800 if they want a leisurely breakfast as late as about 9:30.

Our daughter often picks us up what we do is she parks either in George Street or in the car park down near Pier One, we ring her when we're off and then meet her in George Street, usually out the front of the Holiday Inn. Done and dusted.

I'll be coming from about 2 hours away so not sure if I want to drive most of the way then jump on a train a few stops out from the city and then meet them at circular quay or of I just drive all the way and park about 10 mins away and wait for their call. Being i'm coming from 2 hours away and the ship gets in at 0630 i need to figure out a rough time the first passengers may be let off.

They are both mobile but being on deck 12 i thought they would have been one of the last to leave?

I'll be coming from about 2 hours away so not sure if I want to drive most of the way then jump on a train a few stops out from the city and then meet them at circular quay or of I just drive all the way and park about 10 mins away and wait for their call. Being i'm coming from 2 hours away and the ship gets in at 0630 i need to figure out a rough time the first passengers may be let off.

They are both mobile but being on deck 12 i thought they would have been one of the last to leave?

We live in the Hunter, so I know what you mean.

If you know the area at all there is car parking down at the end of George Street, it may even count a Hickson Road, that's where our daughter parks if she can't get one in George street itself (mostly she can).

Deck number doesn't impact in disembark it's all about how you are getting home after disembarking, and I can never remember what's what with each line (even Princess where I lat disembarked about 8 weeks back).

If it was me, I'd say, meet out the front of the Holiday Inn (there's a pick up zone there to throw the bags in the car so it's handy) ring when you're getting off. Leave home about 6:30-7:00 because you're going to hit traffic and those rotten works on George Street for the tram lines, then if you're there before they ring grab a park and maybe even a coffee till they call, if they're there before you they just wait a while.

Well that's how we work it.

Walk off, where they lug all their bags with them is usually amongst the earliest off, those with independent transport (but their bags taken off for them) are amongst the last off.

Awesome thanks heaps for all the info GUT :D

Also just re read if you are going to get the train from some where in the north shore a few of the stations have car parks, you'd need to check the rail Web page as I can't think of the name of the one we use, it's just off the F3 if you're coming from the North. If from the South no idea.

If you have contact with them ask them to self carry disembark. They should be off by 8am that way. It is very fast through customs.

Which direction are you coming from. Rather than battle city traffic I would always choose to park at a station and meet them there. Train is the easiest way to get to and from Circular Quay.

Even though it says the ship arrives at 6:30am they are normally already tied up at the wharf by 6:00am. Self assist (walk off) guests normally start leaving the ship at 6:45am or the passengers you are picking up can nominate a time they wish to debark and that can be as early as 7:00am. All things being equal ie no "misplaced "luggage" etc they should be out of the terminal easily by 7:30am as the line for customs (Orange arrival card only... NO PASSPORT REQUIRED)is fairly short. The later the debark time they select the longer the time it "may" take to clear customs due to the volume of passengers who, through them either "ignoring" their allotted debark time, decide to have a late breakfast or the ship delaying them and the congested luggage hall conditions, all seem to arrive at once at customs. So, if they choose a later debark time allow extra time for your pick up. As long as you you have mobile phone contact with them I would find a spot to park around the back of The Rocks somewhere and get them to call you when they clear customs (cannot/should not use mobile phones in the terminal until having cleared customs) and them you can pick them up from outside the OPT.

Edited by gbenjo

Even though it says the ship arrives at 6:30am they are normally already tied up at the wharf by 6:00am. Self assist (walk off) guests normally start leaving the ship at 6:45am or the passengers you are picking up can nominate a time they wish to debark and that can be as early as 7:00am. All things being equal ie no "misplaced "luggage" etc they should be out of the terminal easily by 7:30am as the line for customs (Orange arrival card only... NO PASSPORT REQUIRED)is fairly short. The later the debark time they select the longer the time it "may" take to clear customs due to the volume of passengers who, through them either "ignoring" their allotted debark time, decide to have a late breakfast or the ship delaying them and the congested luggage hall conditions, all seem to arrive at once at customs. So, if they choose a later debark time allow extra time for your pick up. As long as you you have mobile phone contact with them I would find a spot to park around the back of The Rocks somewhere and get them to call you when they clear customs (cannot/should not use mobile phones in the terminal until having cleared customs) and them you can pick them up from outside the OPT.

Great post.:D

Hey Gbenjo, Will we see you on Thursday?

OK looking forward to it BUT PLEASE no chocolates::o:o

Not sure if I will be doing check in or A Pass but will see you then.

Edited by gbenjo

OK looking forward to it BUT PLEASE no chocolates::o:o

Not sure if I will be doing check in or A Pass but will see you then.

Bugger I'm in Sydney Thursday just not till about 8:00 PM.

Mrs gut said if we were getting down a bit earlie we could have thrown toilet pepper at you, can't afford steamers.

Isn,t it funny the way that " modern technology" changes the words you type ...toilet "pepper" and " steamers" :eek: :eek: