You are a Cunard Regular if....

cruise44

-You're nostalgic for the 1960's SPACE AGE decor upon seeing some of the paint chip on staiway "A" and seeing some of the former blue color showing through.

- You can remember two different locations for the Mauretania Restaurant, and if you can recall when it was the TABLES OF THE WORD (BOY, what an improvement Mauretania was over THAT !).

Never was, never will be - well could you possibly tolerate an ocean liner called Saga Ruby?

David.

David,

I think you may be being a little unfair....the VISTAFJORD was designed to be capable of making line voyages - the fact that her owners then wisely decided to use her as a cruise ship - as all 'liners' today are too (unless you don't count the only true remaining 'liners' - ferries), then CARONIA too was as much a liner as QM2 - as I found out on a stormy crossing to Fort Lauderdale a few years ago.

However....returning to the topic...

You are a Cunard regular if you know the difference between a Liner and a Cruise Ship...

Peter

-You know where on QE2 the bell from AQUITANIA is located,.....and you've seen it first hand.

-You understand the importance of having jam/jelly in a bowl or jar as opposed to those ghastly plastic things. Same goes for butter.

-Russ

Just now read this thread, with some amusement.

However, regarding, Job 534's post as to "Tables of the Word", I'm certain World was meant, (BOY, what an improvement Mauretania was over THAT!), I remember reading way back when that the upscale high-floor dining room at the WTC was named "Windows of the World" with the name of the QE-2 dining room in mind!

Thought I would post the list together so far. Hopefully I didn't miss anyone.

You're a Cunard Regular if:

-You know that it is QE2 and never QE II.

-You know that the "gray ghost" isn't something you see at halloween

-You can name the current Cunard captains

-If you know the 3rd floor self-service laundry room is the best place for gossip on QE2.

-If you know that Queen Elizabeth II named the QE2 the QUEEN ELIZABETH the SECOND and QM2 the QUEEN MARY 2 when she christened them.

-You know that on the QE2 its 'Upper Deck for the Lower Classes' as in the old two class layout First Class was on Quarter Deck.

-You know that on the QE2 the 'E' staircase stands for 'Everywhere' as its the only stair tower that has lifts that go to Every deck.

-You know that on the QE2 the best cabins are actually the Q3s on One and Two deck - not the suites tacked on to Signal and Sun deck (very new money, my dear) - as their midship, lower down location is a lot more stable.

-You know why there is a model of the Mauretania outside the Caronia dining room, and a painting of the Caronia in the Mauretania dining room

-You know that the Queens Grill was originally a disco.

-You know that its Queens Grill (named after the earlier Queen Liners, so plural) and the Queen's Room (named after HM QEII, so possessive).....

-You know that a Cunarder is a ship not a person

-You know that when suffering from motion sickness on QE2 just call out C6 and someone will take you there.

-you can find your way to the (former) Princess Grill lounge blindfolded

-You have difficulty using your room key because your fingers have formed the shape of a champagne glass.

- You have gone to the ships library at least once a day

-You know where the staircase is on the QE2 that leads up to sun deck.

- You know why the Queen Mary 2 has such a short stack

-You've been through atleast three QE2 refits

-if you know what the Pig is

-if you had drinks in the Ward Room on Caronia!!!

-You knew where and when they served the fresh baked cookies on Caronia!

-You know whose windows look out onto the deck area forward on Sun Deck on QE2

-You know that at the Captain's Cocktail Party i) he won't tell any and ii) to ask a steward for a proper drink.

-if your idea of good reading is the Cruise Critic log in the QM2 library.

-you have toured the engine room and bridge on QE2.

-if, when you are planning to go to europe, your first reaction is to check Cunard's transatlantic schedule and not American Airlines.

-when you enjoy slipping into the synagogue for a quiet moment because it's one of the least changed areas of the ship since it entered service.

-You've danced with your cabin steward at the Frog and Onion in Bermuda (and bought the t-shirt)

-You're nostalgic for the 1960's SPACE AGE decor upon seeing some of the paint chip on staiway "A" and seeing some of the former blue color showing through.

- You can remember two different locations for the Mauretania Restaurant, and if you can recall when it was the TABLES OF THE WORD (BOY, what an improvement Mauretania was over THAT !).

-You are a Cunard regular if you know the difference between a Liner and a Cruise Ship

-you know you are a Cunard regular if you can spot interior promo pictures from the former "Caronia" in a more recent "QE2" brochure.

-When your QM2 excursion booklet has a picture of the QE2 on it instead.

-If you've named your daughters Elizabeth, Mary and Victoria.

-You've named your dog: Samuel

-You've viewed the SEA FEVER episode of KEEPING UP APPEARANCES and laughed to see the Bucket couple acsend ths stairway leading from BOAT DECK to SUN DECK, only to arrive underneath lifeboats "up" on BOAT DECK!

-You watch the dvd of "Your Voyage aboard QM2" more frequently than any of the other dvd's you own.

-If you peruse the American 2006 deluxe Cunard brochure and can spot at least two photos from Holland America Line ships.

-You know where on QE2 the bell from AQUITANIA is located,.....and you've seen it first hand.

-You understand the importance of having jam/jelly in a bowl or jar as opposed to those ghastly plastic things. Same goes for butter.

"You are a Cunard Regular if...."

The Maitre 'd greets you on the first night with, "Good evening Mr and Mrs XYZ. We have your usual table for you."

On the first night, after a two year absence, the steward doesn't take your order. He just brings your drinks!

At the Captain's reception, the hostess doesn't need to ask your names to be introduced to the Captain. And the Captain doesn't wait to be introduced and says "Its all'right, I know these reprobates."

...... when you slept through US Immigration and you run up there only to find the US Immigration Agents GONE... and your favorite member of the Purser's staff is standing there, putting away his paperwork, and says to you:

"It's OK, Mr ______, I vouched for you!"

Michael

New York

...... when you slept through US Immigration and you run up there only to find the US Immigration Agents GONE... and your favorite member of the Purser's staff is standing there, putting away his paperwork, and says to you:

"It's OK, Mr ______, I vouched for you!"

If this is what really happened then I think you should be ashamed of yourself for finding this very serious breach of security worthy of posting on a light hearted message board instead of informing the US Immigration Authority. Who in their right mind would find this amusing?

The member of Cunard staff should be severely spoken to and reminded of the real threats of terrorism that are with us all at this time.

Are certain members of Cunard staff so full of their own self importance that they can vouch for the suitability of a person over and above that of fully trained Immigration Officials? .and are there US Immigration Officials who will accept the personal reference of a member of Cunard staff on the suitability of a person to enter a country that has in place very stringent security measures, Just because he or she is a passenger on the QM2?

I would be very interested to know the details of the persons concerned and I will be only too pleased to let the appropriate authorities aware just what is going on..

Phil

Archived