Difference between classes of ships?

Jenn1974

I have sailed the Inspiration and Sensation and the Victory and loved them all. In 2017 we are taking a family cruise on the Magic. What are some of the biggest differences between the small ships that I already love and a big ship like the Magic. Just curious as to what peoples takes are.

I have sailed the Inspiration and Sensation and the Victory and loved them all. In 2017 we are taking a family cruise on the Magic. What are some of the biggest differences between the small ships that I already love and a big ship like the Magic. Just curious as to what peoples takes are.

i'll be on the magic in july and i remember docking next to her when i was on another ship. man, was she huge. i just hope i don't get that "crowded" feel. i'm curious about wait times for everything.

Google is your friend. If you google Carnival ships, there are sites (wikipedia for one, as well as links on the Carnival web site) which list the differences of each class of ship.

The Magic is part of the Dream class (Dream, Magic and Breeze), currently Carnival's largest class. The Magic is going in for dry dock soon where it will have added a couple of things that the last in the class (the Breeze) has during the dry dock. Great class of ship and great ship in my opinion. We have sailed her twice.

We had only sailed on Paradise and Fascination and then last October went on Glory. Never again. Poor service from the Steward, hour long lines at guest services, lines everywhere else. We are leaving next week - on the Paradise again. We will only ever do a small ship now.

Fleet CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES

CARNIVAL VISTA 2016 Vista

Carnival Breeze 130,000 2012 Dream

Carnival Magic 130,000 2011 Dream

Carnival Dream 130,000 2009 Dream

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carnival Splendor 113,300 2008 Splendor

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carnival Freedom 110,209 2007 Conquest

Carnival Liberty 110,320 2005 Conquest

Carnival Valor 110,239 2004 Conquest

Carnival Glory 110.239 2003 Conquest

Carnival Conquest 110,000 2002 Conquest

Carnival Victory 101,509 2000 Triumph

Carnival Triumph 101,509 1999 Triumph

Carnival Sunshine 101,353 1996 Destiny (was Destiny) 892 ft

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carnival Miracle 85,947 2004 Spirit

Carnival Legend 85,947 2002 Spirit

Carnival Pride 85,920 2001 Spirit

Carnival Paradise 70,367 2001 Fantasy (was the Spirit)

Carnival Elation 70,390 1998 Fantasy

Carnival Inspiration 70,367 1996 Fantasy

Carnival Imagination 70,367 1995 Fantasy

Carnival Fascination 70,367 1994 Fantasy 855 ft

Carnival Sensation 70,367 1993 Fantasy

Carnival Ecstasy 70,367 1991 Fantasy

Carnival Fantasy 70,367 1990 Fantasy

• 5 months later...

This was an informative post. I was wondering how the ships were classed as well. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed now as I've always sailed on the smaller ships so going to this big ship will be quite different. I hope I like it.

We had only sailed on Paradise and Fascination and then last October went on Glory. Never again. Poor service from the Steward, hour long lines at guest services, lines everywhere else. We are leaving next week - on the Paradise again. We will only ever do a small ship now.

I'm confused by that statement. In your signature it says "Looking forward to Carnival Valor 10-16, Carnival Glory 3-17". Neither of those two ships are small.