Mattress for child on the floor

TheIL

hi,

we are a family of 5. our youngest will be almost 4 years old.

we need 2 cabins, and because of the cost, we wanted to take 1 ocean balcony for the parents, and a park view room for the 3 kids (18,13,4).

we were looking for rooms that are across from each other. the selection is not that great, but we found something.

my question is: if at night my little one, would like to come and sleep In our balcony room - what are my options ?

I know I can book a D class cabin that have a foldable sofa, and use that in that case... but my wife is afraid that the little child might fall off the bed during the night.

is there an option to ask for an extra mattress and put it on the floor ?

if there is an option, then we can book a lower priced D cabin (that is for 2 pax only)

your help is greatly appreciated !!

The sofa isn't very far from the floor. Where would the child be sleeping in the other cabin? If you were able to get an extra mattress - and I seriously doubt it - it would take up all of your floor space.

The sofa isn't very far from the floor. Where would the child be sleeping in the other cabin? If you were able to get an extra mattress - and I seriously doubt it - it would take up all of your floor space.

pricewise, booking the your child be cheaper on the PR room than on the balcony room.

we want her to sleep with her brothers, where ? good question. we also need some solution there ...

any ideas ?!?

You could probably put the cushions from the sofa on the floor. Just ask your room attendant for an extra sheet and pillow for your room in case your youngest needs you at night.

Does the PR have a sofa bed or pullman? If it has a pullman I suggest one of the older kids sleeps up there and your youngest would be in a twin bed. If it has a sofa bed they are lower to the ground. We have found the small sofas are like pull out futons and very low to the ground. This would be suitable for your youngest. We found we didn't need to pull it all the way out which left a walkway to the bathroom.

Enjoy your cruise.