Car hire Tampa

cruise1804

Hi there,

Has anyone ever dropped a car they have hired back to a different destination then the one stated on car rental invoice?

I ask as I have booked a car rental through Alamo from MCO and then dropping it back to Tampa international Airport then was going to get a taxi from there to Tampa cruise port to pick up our cruise on Brillance of seas.

Since booking ( online ) I've found out that there is a Alamo car rental at Tampa Westin which is MUCH closer to the port. I have called Alamo (customer service and Alamo Tampa Westin) and they have said I can either cancel & re book or gentleman I spoke to at Alamo Westin kind of gave me impression I could take my chances and bring it back there and "hopefully" avoid a one way drop off fee.

Has anyone had experience with this? Shall I just chalk it up to bad planning and get a taxi from the airport. Don't want to spoil the trip over this but would prefer to drop at Tampa Westin then hop on a shuttle (I assume they provide one?!) to the port?

Thank you, Hayley

Do a mock booking for the alternate location - you may wind up with a different rate. :( If the rate is good book it :D and cancel your original booking, otherwise stay with the drop at TPA and a $25 taxi to the port -- the cab ride only takes about 15 minutes.

... Has anyone had experience with this? Shall I just chalk it up to bad planning and get a taxi from the airport. Don't want to spoil the trip over this but would prefer to drop at Tampa Westin then hop on a shuttle (I assume they provide one?!) to the port?

Thank you, Hayley

I would not try to drop a car at other than where the rental contract states. They may not even accept the car, and if they do, you have no idea what they might charge for a dropoff fee. Sometimes rental offices with the same franchise name have completely different owners.

I second the advice given above.

Edited by clarea

Thank you for your replies. Yes will carry on with taking it to the airport then, I'm just annoyed I didn't research it all a bit better. Just means going to car hire dropping off getting suitcases and kids over to taxi stand when would have been streamlined if just dropping and getting straight into shuttle as we did when we went from Port Canaveral.

Again thank you