Hub App/ Social Plan?

Bases5

But as far as one person purchasing the hub app chat feature and the other one using the Social Media package I'm thinking they are 2 separate entities and the $5/day for SMP wouldn't carry over to the hub app chat, but I don't know for sure. Maybe someone will have some experience with that.

But as far as one person purchasing the hub app chat feature and the other one using the Social Media package I'm thinking they are 2 separate entities and the $5/day for SMP wouldn't carry over to the hub app chat, but I don't know for sure. Maybe someone will have some experience with that.

That's why I was asking.

You could get both (kinda of sort of) with out paying for 2 Social plans.

I just hope Carnival's version works better than NCL's did for us. The free part was great but the pay part, which was supposed to be voice and text, crashed and burned. Could never get texts to go through and the voice part sounded like you were talking to someone at the other end of a very long tunnel.

Edited by Rudyard

Just off Carnival Freedom, loved the Hub app and used the chat that was $5.00 for the entire cruise and if you wanted to message people outside the app, I was only able to get messages through my iPhone using iMessage and that it was $5.00 per day or $18.00 for the 5 night cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

Used the Hub app on Glory. When I received a chat message it gave me both a sound notification and a notification on my phone, the same as receiving a normal text message.

When you go onto the app, there will also be a notification of a new message.

I received the notification within a few seconds of it being sent. Worked great!

Only problem was the time on the app was never correct. There was a message on the home screen telling us that the app was off by 1 hour so make sure to check on that if using.

Gives most of the same information the Fun Times does.

I saw on carnival's site that the Social plan was $5/day per person, but reading some threads on here people have gotten the plan for $18 for a 5 day cruise, and $20 something for a 7 day....is this true? Where can I find this pricing detailed?

If it's less than the $5/day to buy all the days at once I'd just do that but i was under the impression it would be $35 for our 7 day cruise...

I saw on carnival's site that the Social plan was $5/day per person, but reading some threads on here people have gotten the plan for $18 for a 5 day cruise, and $20 something for a 7 day....is this true? Where can I find this pricing detailed?

If it's less than the $5/day to buy all the days at once I'd just do that but i was under the impression it would be $35 for our 7 day cruise...

It's $5/day or $25 for a 7 day cruise. Shorter cruises have a reduced price as well but I don't have any experience with those.

Just off Freedom 7 day. I had the Social package for $25 for the cruise plus the $5 for the cruise chat. Social was so I could post pictures on Facebook. Hubby had the $5 chat only. You can only chat with someone who also has the chat. You do get a notification plus it pops up on the phone screen. I will say that people I knew as well as myself had a problem with the Social portion at times plus the chat was suppose to be instant. Problem was for some reason we would get kicked off and have to sign back in. Overall we enjoyed it and will do the same on our next cruise.

Great! Thank you for confirming that, sounds like a good deal then. We're traveling with a larger group so it'd be nice to communicate on board.

Keep in mind that only one person at a time can log into the social media package so if you want to communicate via FB Messenger, it will be $25/person. If you just want to chat via the Hub App it's $5/person total for the whole cruise.

Edited by firemanbobswife

Question regarding the Hub APP for Canadians. Would you get charged roaming fees for using this app? Or is it wifi based? Never mind I found it

Do I need internet access to use the app? Do I have to pay roaming?

No internet purchase is required. The app works on Airplane Mode, which means guests do not incur roaming fees.

The app works with the ship’s free Wi-Fi.

Edited by hockeyguru32