Does it ever get old?

What amazes me is venom with which is expressed to someone who posts an opinion that is counter to the response which is expected. The ratio of supporters, as expected, is very high. Why do you expect it to be absolute? Does someone not sharing your perceptions and opinions threaten you?

many people can't stand it when they find out someone isn't drinking the same flavor koolaid.

Only the people get old...or should I say I have.....;) 1983 our first, our honeymoon....after our noon wedding and beach reception we did a red eye from LAX to MIA the cruise line put us up in a hotel just for 8 hours, then transferred us to the ship, we threw streamers as we sailed away, there was no western, eastern or southern Caribbean it was just a Caribbean cruise.

Edited by land lover

many people can't stand it when they find out someone isn't drinking the same flavor koolaid.

I think it's the incessant Debbie Downer comments that get some people frustrated but I could be wrong. Happy sailing. ;):D

Oh my goodness! How ARE your two?! One of our best table groups EVER!

DD is in her fourth year at Toledo U., so I'm off on my first solo cruise in 10 weeks ... not that I'm counting or anything.

We're doing great! We often reminisce about that first cruise, and how great our table was. I can't believe your DD is a senior in college already - please give her our best.

We've cruised every spring break since 2010. Unfortunately our breaks don't line up this year, so we're sailing on the Anthem the week after school is out. Looking forward to sailing on a bigger, newer ship. Enjoy your upcoming cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I think it's the incessant Debbie Downer comments that get some people frustrated but I could be wrong. Happy sailing. ;):D

Why should anyone get frustrated with what anyone on here Says? I suspect that says more about the person who is frustrated. At a hair over one post a day average I'd hardly say I'm an incessant poster of anything. Im not going to worry too much about people spewing venom my way, those opinions don't mean much to me.

Sorry in advance for the long winded response, but I have been asked this on several occasions... I have had a different experience than most, my husband has always worked for cruise line(s) and for 10 years I sailed 3-4 months onboard with him (usually 2-3 weeks on and 4 weeks home). I love to travel and I got to experience many of the less touristy things at the ports. But much of the time, I was like a solo traveler ( since he was in duty much of the day) and I met so many great people, both crew and guests... However, after so many cruises (I would guess maybe after #70) there came a time that I did get so sick of cruising... I got annoyed by every DING and the routine... And I started to dread same menu, routine, music, announcements etc... (Especially on the short cruises where it became so redundant).

Right about that time, hubby got a job in headquarters and for the most part, aside from a few weeks a year, on land... And I did not step foot on a ship for 4 years... To my surprise, In that 4 years I really started to miss the ship life and cruising. I longed for the escape and more than anything, I missed sitting on deck, watching the ocean, sunsets and finding a quiet outside corner to read and just unplug. I guess true, absence makes the heart grow fonder...

I have started cruising again @ 3 years ago. My husband almost fell in the floor when, one day, I said to him... Hey, on your next ship visit, can I cruise with you? Lol... So now, I go on about 3 cruises a year and remembered why I love them. I think I needed that break to miss and appreciate it. My husband and I take at least one cruise a year where he can be a real "passenger" and relax and have fun and he has learned how to enjoy a cruise now.

So yes, like too much of anything, it can get old, but once it is in your blood, it always will be I guess... And now I again enjoy cruising and planning. But my favorite thing is to get onboard, get a drink and sit where I can see the faces of the guests as they board the ship, the excitement, awe and fascination... Reminds me how special it really still is!

This was a great response from a different perspective....

I agree with u about seeing the faces and hearing the reactions of first time cruisers..unfortunately I think CC has taken away some of that magic, as some just can't wing it anymore like we did on our first cruises, but each to his/her own....enjoy

Edited by land lover

Why should anyone get frustrated with what anyone on here Says? I suspect that says more about the person who is frustrated. At a hair over one post a day average I'd hardly say I'm an incessant poster of anything. Im not going to worry too much about people spewing venom my way, those opinions don't mean much to me.

LOL! Happy sailing. :D

This was a great response from a different perspective....

I agree with u about seeing the faces and hearing the reactions of first time cruisers..unfortunately I think CC has taken away some of that magic, as some just can't wing it anymore like we did on our first cruises, but each to his/her own....enjoy

Luckily, most first time cruisers I talk to have never even heard of CC.. So when I offer up a tip or advice, they are usually thankful and amazed!! It is usually the 3-7 time cruise veterans that seem to have a more "I know everything" attitude and love to tell everyone how much they know... The more experienced cruisers tend to keep some tips and tricks in their hats (cause we all know once everyone knows the secrets, they are no longer secret)! I so love the reactions of new cruisers when they first get "hooked" on cruising...

The more experienced cruisers tend to keep some tips and tricks in their hats (cause we all know once everyone knows the secrets, they are no longer secret)!

You make it sound like cruising is a skill.

A bit like having a Diploma of Sleeping or an Honours Degree in Creative Flatulence. It's just floating accommodation.

To me, there is a certain amount of experience (or skill) if you like in getting the best deal, avoiding peak times, when to do certain things to avoid crowds, free stuff, best seats/times for,shows, great dishes or drinks... More of a way to get a bigger bang for your buck or to be able to experience the most... Yes it is just "accommodation" but for many, it is their one escape or vacation and they want to make the most of it...

I get excited for each cruise. When going to the port, we each try to be the first one to see the ship. If it is a first time for a ship, excited about what's new and different. If it is a return, then (as others have said), it's like coming home. We are on FOS in April; third time sailing and second time in the same cabin. We did not cruise in 2015 so it will be like coming home again.

I work at the Fort Lauderdale airport and can see the ships at Port Everglades everyday I go to work. But the day I pull up at the port to board a ship it's still like seeing the ship for the first time, because thats the day I get to go onboard and have my vacation. Even the second time I went on Jewel I had the same feeling. It's one of my favorite parts of cruising: the first site and that moment you're like we're going on board TODAY!!

i live in pompano and usually hang out around fort lauderdale so i know what you mean.

i do tons of research on boats, usually from reviews on youtube so i know what im getting into.

personally, my first cruise on the breeze was epic. the only other one thats lived up to and surpassed it was the getaway. i learned fast that small boats (glory/VOS) are NOT my thing. i want a big boat with tons of things to do. so many things, i will need a 2nd cruise to actually do everything. the only cruises i do now are new/big boats. planning allure/escape. the WOW factor of the boat is what keeps it new with me. they all have, as listed above, the same stuff with gold/bingo/newlywed game. THAT gets old, imo.

come up with some new catchy games!!!!

To me, there is a certain amount of experience (or skill) if you like in getting the best deal, avoiding peak times, when to do certain things to avoid crowds, free stuff, best seats/times for,shows, great dishes or drinks... More of a way to get a bigger bang for your buck or to be able to experience the most... Yes it is just "accommodation" but for many, it is their one escape or vacation and they want to make the most of it...

I wonder if we cruised together B4, this would have been at least 7 or 8 years ago, do u have a unique piece of jewelry that you used to wear on your sailings?

Edited by land lover

Yes. We travel for the destination not the journey. It's just a form of transportation, just like flying. Unpacking and packing just once even though you might visit four or five different locations is the appeal. The ships are nice, overall the entertainment is pretty good, food and service is average and the prices charged on the ship itself is laughable.