What is Galveston like in August?

xcell

August is the hottest and most humid month in the whole year which is good for us Southeast Texans. Normally there is not too much rain to dampen vacations altho it might rain. As far as Hurricanes are concerned well thats the gamble you have to take anywheres in the world. Hurricane season actually starts June 1st and runs through November. Normally we don't start seeing hurricanes swing around our parts until Mid August & September sometimes October & November but it has and can happen any month especially with el nino. We normally cross our fingers through September because we got slammed in September several times, but after September we let our guards down. To answer your question in a manner that would give you the best advise in my "opinion" as someone from the area. Would i book in august yes but i would probably lean on early august. Would i book in September well not as much ill name off a few September hurricanes IKE & RITA and many more. but those two might jog your memory call it superstition if you want thats my thoughts. I have a cruise booked in October and not worried about it a bit.

Thanks... we usually book in August but out of Florida and (knock on wood) the hurricane season has not effected our departures. I'm really wanting to back on the Liberty of the Seas but never ported out of Galveston.

Thanks again for your info......

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Thanks... we usually book in August but out of Florida and (knock on wood) the hurricane season has not effected our departures. I'm really wanting to back on the Liberty of the Seas but never ported out of Galveston.

Thanks again for your info......

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Hurricane season is hurricane season which includes the Carribean, Gulf Coast and the Atlantic Coast. Out of any coast and port you are subject to storms. Make your plans and enjoy your cruise . Don't overthink it , if you are going to cruise in Hurricane season! Just because your experiences have been positive , there is always a next time.

Edited by ssb

Storms are storms and are mothers natures event regardless of nature and extent or where or when they occur.

This weekend :

(5:45 a.m. EST) – One of the world's newest and largest cruise ships, the 4,180-passenger Anthem of the Seas, has been caught up in a severe storm, reportedly equivalent to a Category 2 hurricane, off the U.S Carolinas coast.

Passengers on the Royal Caribbean ship were instructed by the Captain at approximately 3.30 p.m local time to remain in their cabins and have been posting regular updates on the Cruise Critic boards, reporting on interior damage, a collapsed ceiling, overturned furniture, and smashed glassware and crockery. It is understood passengers are still in their cabins more than 10 hours later and have been provided free movies and free minibar.

Our members are posting live from the ship on the Cruise Critic message boards: “Captain has sent everyone to their cabins. The ship is dealing with 115mph winds and severe seas,” said Cruise Critic member KarinaGW. “Much water came though the deck doors on deck 5 before they shut the watertight [doors].”

Jjohnb said: “We have been stuck in 125+ mph winds 30+ foot waves for 4 hours. Captain said they are in communication with the coast guard, struggling to point ship into wind but can't move forward. All passengers told to stay in cabins water entered ship on upper decks, large white structure broke off top of ship landed in pool. At the height of storm waves breaking above the top of lifeboats and ship listing almost 45 degrees, with wind looked like a total white out… Some passengers sitting in muster stations.”

Exactly! our weather in SeTx extreme either hot as hell or freezing cold which can change from day to day I wore shorts on Christmas Eve and coats Christmas Day. For most of us we choose the heat over cold miserable days like the ones we have been experiencing the last few weeks

You don't have to pay for facials !

As Mary will day.

As I will "say". Never need a facial in the summer!

Ok you two Whatever:p:p

No wonder it seems like I avoid Tx as much as possible during the summer months I get a facial every time I shave

BTW we need to get done there for a wknd before it gets too hot:D

Ok you two Whatever:p:p

No wonder it seems like I avoid Tx as much as possible during the summer months I get a facial every time I shave

BTW we need to get done there for a wknd before it gets too hot:D

Come on down😀