Down with Men in Hats in MDR

solocanadian

Women covering up comes from the writings of St Paul. Men being uncovered is by tradition, which is frequently broken by Bishops in mitres and priests in birettas.

As we both know, what St. Paul was referring to were the customs of the times and not the ecclesiastical vestments developed later (which are in fact removed during the actual conduct of the Catholic Mass). But I'll keep your post in mind the next time I see a mitre in the MDR.

I should also add that my husband wears Fedoras or dress hats purchased at the Goorin Bros Hat Store, so we are not talking about baseball caps.

Thank you to those who have supported men wearing hats for medical or personal reasons - trust me some hat wearing men are not out to make a fashion statement.

###

I shouldn't even post, but I don't know what bothers me more in the dining room...men in hats or women in shorts (that they try to call something else)...and don't even get me started on the flip flops. If this makes me a bad person or busy-body then so be it. I am what I am.

There seem to be many people who are unhappy on their cruises because of the actions of others.

To me that's a lot of energy and thought wasted on being unhappy when it is possible to ignore the things that cannot be controlled and do not affect personal enjoyment of the cruise in the least.

I can't believe that after reading some of the medical reasons that people have mentioned for covering their scalp that you would be so unfriendly and even ignorant and post this.

Is this post friendly? It's one thing to disagree but why do insults always have to be part of it? I sure hope the moderator shuts this down.

Edited by cruz chic

There seem to be many people who are unhappy on their cruises because of the actions of others.

To me that's a lot of energy and thought wasted on being unhappy when it is possible to ignore the things that cannot be controlled and do not affect personal enjoyment of the cruise in the least.

Yeah, there seems to be a lot of that on these boards lately.

Men Without Hats is an Australian group who were a minor hit in the 80s, one of their songs being The Safety Dance

You might be confusing Men Without Hats with Men at Work, the latter are an Australian group -- their big US hit was Down Under.