Parking at San Pedro Hotels

PSDottie

We always do a park and sail promo with the Double Tree. They recently renovated the hotel, and we find the staff pleasant, helpful, and nice. They offer a free shuttle to the pier, and we've never had to wait for a pick up for more than 10 minutes or so when we've arrived.

If you are a Hilton rewards member and check in on your phone, they often upgrade you to a suite - happened the last two times for us.

There may be other hotels that offer parking and a shuttle, but we've never stayed there.

@ the Double Tree, just let the front desk know when you check in. They'll have a clipboard with the available shuttle departure times, pick one and be in the lobby a few minutes before.

Upon return, the pickup point is the same as the drop off, just look for the Double Tree vans. They run about every 10-15 minutes. Get a business card or have the hotel # in your phone just in case.

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn Long Beach airport. Free shuttle to and from hotel. Last time was a 15 day cruise to Hawaii.

But I would imagine they don't have a free shuttle to the Port of LA. And if the OP drove to Los Angeles, they wouldn't need a shuttle to and from the airport.

Edited by Cruisin' Chick

I looked at their site and it states the limit for the shuttle service is 3 miles and the port is 13 miles away.

Holiday Inn Long Beach Airport

Park Stay and Go

why pay more for long term parking. save time and money with this hassle free offer that includes room breakfast for two long term parking for up to seven days and shuttle service to and from the long beach airport or long beach cruise termial not including san pedro cruise terminal.

guests will enjoy complimentary wifi fitness and business center access and long beach airport shuttle transportation. relax in a newly renovated contemporary style smoke free guest rooms featuring 40 inch flat screen tv keurig coffee and tea maker ihome bluetooth alarm clock radio mini refrigerator in room safe hair dryer and iron with full size ironing board.

package components cannot be trade for cash. no refund on the unused portions of the stay. based on availability at time of booking. cannot be combined with any other discounts or offers. shuttle service only to from long beach airport or long beach cruise terminal not including san pedro terminal.

The above is what I just cut and pasted from their website. I now noticed that the first poster did not specify which cruise line. Princess sails out of San Pedro and Carnival is Long Beach. Maybe 1 mile apart by the way a crows flies.

ah.. yes you are right. I didn't scroll down through all the packages to see that there is a special rate for this deal.. it is an extra $60 a night, but for the parking it is well worth it. We are actually flying into LGB and looking at means of transportation to the San Pedro Port for 4 of us... so isn't what we were in need of.

Holiday Inn Long Beach Airport

Park Stay and Go

why pay more for long term parking. save time and money with this hassle free offer that includes room breakfast for two long term parking for up to seven days and shuttle service to and from the long beach airport or long beach cruise termial not including san pedro cruise terminal.

guests will enjoy complimentary wifi fitness and business center access and long beach airport shuttle transportation. relax in a newly renovated contemporary style smoke free guest rooms featuring 40 inch flat screen tv keurig coffee and tea maker ihome bluetooth alarm clock radio mini refrigerator in room safe hair dryer and iron with full size ironing board.

package components cannot be trade for cash. no refund on the unused portions of the stay. based on availability at time of booking. cannot be combined with any other discounts or offers. shuttle service only to from long beach airport or long beach cruise terminal not including san pedro terminal.

The above is what I just cut and pasted from their website. I now noticed that the first poster did not specify which cruise line. Princess sails out of San Pedro and Carnival is Long Beach. Maybe 1 mile apart by the way a crows flies.

The OP did say they were looking at San Pedro hotels (and ended up booking a room in San Pedro). Only Carnival uses the Port of LB for embarking or disembarking. The other lines use the Port of LA.

• 1 month later...

Just an FYI

Stayed at the Bestwestern in San Pedro, warning...

Service is poor, people waiting for 15 minutes while the 1 and only night shift (7pm on) employee takes a potti/smoke break, honestly, nobody is at the front desk. Rooms are barley OK, 1 of 2 elevators are broken down, my understanding that they have been broken down for ever so expect to wait in lines just to get to and from your room.

If by chance you are confined to a wheel chair, they dont have the means to shuttle you to and from the pier and will not pay the cab fare for you even though they sold you the package deal and will not refund that portion.

-Crown Plaza has accessible shuttle van.

-Double Tree has no accessible shuttle van but will pay cab to and from.

JMO:

Daniel (General Manager) could care less about any of "their issues" which become "your issues".

STAY ELSEWHERE IMHO!!! It is a rundown, poor renovation hotel in a very poor area of town, you wont want to walk around at night for sure...

Pay the extra few $'s and stay elsewhere, I mean what a few extra $'s on top of your cruise to start your vacation off right?

We had always stayed at the Double tree until they became so expensive. We were always able to get a room for about $100. per day. Then the stay and cruise became popular at all the hotels and all the rates went up.

We stayed at the Vagabond and Crown as well. The Vagabond's rates got too high for a one way shuttle and the quality of the hotel (S169 quoted this last month.) The Crown was nice but expensive just to have a room because you came in early.

Last month we stayed at the Best Western World Port about three miles away on Pacific Coast Highway.. It was a nice hotel at a nice price. They let you Park free, but have no shuttle. However the Cab was $16 one way and $15.00 back. Much less that parking at the pier or the prices in San Pedro. We came in on Thursday this time. The only problem was getting in and out of the parking lot with the traffic.

Last month we stayed at the Best Western World Port about three miles away on Pacific Coast Highway.. It was a nice hotel at a nice price. They let you Park free, but have no shuttle. However the Cab was $16 one way and $15.00 back. Much less that parking at the pier or the prices in San Pedro. We came in on Thursday this time. The only problem was getting in and out of the parking lot with the traffic.

Have heard your BW on PCH is a better property but lacks the shuttle as you mentioned, your cab fare would make that a bargain compared to the terminal fees of $17 per day.

It has all gotten so expensive, supply and demand...

Next time we will look into your BW on PCH, probably a lot safer area too.

Thanx for the info...

It seems that Best Westerns can be hit or miss. We really liked the one in Paso Robles (we stayed there one night on our way up to northern Cal last summer). But last month, we were at the one in Novato in Marin County for five nights and had some problems -- ants coming up through the heater, the heater itself kept blowing cool air, and maybe one or two other problems. But a nice buffet breakfast in comparison to some other places that have continental ones.

Have stayed at Doubletree 3-4 times and have left our vehicle from 1-2 weeks each time. Never a problem. When I have made reservations through in-house reservations they tell me they have a cruise package but I always tell them I have had complementary parking with each stay and they say fine..just to check in with the concierge to sign up our vehicle info and we have. Never an issue with shuttle rides to and back from port. We love the grounds there.

Laura

The crime rate in Wilmington is higher than San Pedro.

They have a security guard at night. We did not have any problems. It sets right next to Denny's. We never ate there because we wanted to try more local. We still went into San Pedro for a couple of meals. They have some very nice restaurants there.

We will be driving from AZ and will need a hotel in the San Pedro area. Do any hotels let you leave your car there for a week?

Thanks -

Dottie:

We are in the same boat, so to speak, and are coming from AZ too. If you get an answer, please pass the information on to me. Thanks, Jeff G.

PS, where in AZ, We are from Tucson.

Dottie:

We are in the same boat, so to speak, and are coming from AZ too. If you get an answer, please pass the information on to me. Thanks, Jeff G.

PS, where in AZ, We are from Tucson.

We stayed at the Doubletree and left the car there for a month while we were on a cruise. They had a free shuttle to the port and picked us up when we were ready to come back for our car. It was flawless!