Cozumel Docking Time

cruise1804

Hi there,

I apologise now if this is THE DUMBEST question!!! My family and I will be on the Brillance of The Seas in April and the itinerary states we will will be docking at 7am in Cozumel.

Now.... Is this Cozumel time or ship time? Or are they the same? I have read a few times passengers need to make sure they are always on ship time.

It's just we seem to dock really early and leave at 3.30 so want to make most of our day (1/2 day!) in Mexico. But if we were to get off the ship at say 7.30 would everything be closed ?

Thinking of going to Mr Sanchos which opens at 9.... What time would we have to leave there (ships time!) to get back to ship for say 2.30 at latest.

Thank you for any replies.

Coz and the east coast are on the same time - except for when the US is on daylight savings time (not observed on Coz).

Where do you cruise from? :confused: If it is east coast (FLA) then your 7:00 AM docking time will be 6:00 Coz time; some ships switch to the local time -- listen to your CAPT and cruise director & use your watch and not a cell phone to monitor the time (your cell phone will adjust to the local signal).

I would load up an hour prior to when you are required to be back on the ship -- just in case! The cab ride will take 15+ minutes and then you need to make your way down the pier and through security.

Edited by JohninDC

Thank you for your reply. We will be sailing from Tampa.

OK so ship does get in quite early whatever way you look at it. Would shops and things be open that early if we were to beat the crowds and get off first thing? Then make our way to Mr Sancho's for opening time? Just really conscious that ship only in port until 3.30.