Alternatives to UDP

We do not have the UDP for our cruise in Sept. 2016. I could cancel and re-book, the the price difference is huge. I know that we can bring wine on and pay the corkage fee, but are there any other drinking discounts available? We have purchased entire bottles of liquor on Carnival ships, and had them in our cabin when we arrived. Does NCL do this?

We do not have the UDP for our cruise in Sept. 2016. I could cancel and re-book, the the price difference is huge. I know that we can bring wine on and pay the corkage fee, but are there any other drinking discounts available? We have purchased entire bottles of liquor on Carnival ships, and had them in our cabin when we arrived. Does NCL do this?

UDP = Ultimate Dining Package (no longer offered).

Do you mean "UBP = Ultimate Beverage Package"?

Have you ever tallied how much you spend on Alcohol on a cruise?

I do it on every cruise. For a 14 day cruise, DW and might spend $500.

We never buy the drinks packages. In my opinion, you have to drink quite a lot to justify buying the packages.

I'm a very capable drinker, but probably would never purchase the UBP. I usually order a bar setup before departure to cover the liquor side and bring four or so bottles of wine, much more economical. Plus I won't tend to over induldge as can happen with the UBP.

Oops - yes, I meant the beverage package!

Call them, they will add the promo to your sailing.

We booked our Xmas 2016 sailing last month and got the UBP promo. Then UDP promo came out and we called and they added that promo to our deal.

Free booze and food! You just gotta keep an eye on the promotions as they change all the time.

We booked our Xmas 2016 sailing last month and got the UBP promo. Then UDP promo came out and we called and they added that promo to our deal.

I think that you received the SDP (Specialty Dining Package), not the UDP.

It's strange that they use the letters "UDP" in the item number for the SDP packages. :confused:

Call them, they will add the promo to your sailing.

Free booze and food! You just gotta keep an eye on the promotions as they change all the time.

Not true. It's not that simple. You were probably able to do it, but in behind the scene they cancelled your existing booking and re-booked with the current promos. Because you were only a month into the booking the price was probably unchanged.

If the OP had a booking for quite awhile for them to cancel and rebook to get the updated promo could be quite costly... especially if they are Canadian with the value of the Canadian dollar taking a nozedive. At the end of the day, from my TA and directly from NCL they cannot just simply "add" and newer promo to a current booking.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I think that you received the SDP (Specialty Dining Package), not the UDP.

It's strange that they use the letters "UDP" in the item number for the SDP packages. :confused:

You're right, its 4 free dinners for 2 (which is what we did last year anyways).

Not true. It's not that simple. You were probably able to do it, but in behind the scene they cancelled your existing booking and re-booked with the current promos. Because you were only a month into the booking the price was probably unchanged.

If the OP had a booking for quite awhile for them to cancel and rebook to get the updated promo could be quite costly... especially if they are Canadian with the value of the Canadian dollar taking a nozedive. At the end of the day, from my TA and directly from NCL they cannot just simply "add" and newer promo to a current booking.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I've added a promo to my booking last year around 4 months after booking, and I did it this year.

$0 change to my bill. Just call and ask.

I'm results oriented so IDK what strings my TA pulls with NCL, but they always seem to come thru :)

Not sure. I talked to 2 TA'S and NCL directly and got nowhere.

If you are within your no-refund window (like ~100 days or less out?) I don't think they will do it?

Also if the price drops they will adjust it against my account. I had a $25 down payment to make the booking. I haven't been recharged for anything.

This is why I use Cruisesonly.com ....year after year they happily add promos that come along to my booking. Last year it was UBP, this year it was SDP. Neither of those offers were available when we booked our cruise originally.

Edited by jetter2