Bit of a Blog : Solstice : Auckland – Fremantle – Sydney : February 14th 2016

NorbertsNiece

Just to add to Linda's response, at the ice cream station at Ocean View there are two soft serve machines and they change the options every couple of days if not daily. I think that included frozen yoghurt as well as the standards soft serve. You have to ask for a cone, it's not self serve.

That's the one I mean! Better on Celebrity where they serve you. On Royal they had the soft serve machine on the Pooldeck or in the buffet to serve yourself :rolleyes: - indulged waaay too much there....

That's the one I mean! Better on Celebrity where they serve you. On Royal they had the soft serve machine on the Pooldeck or in the buffet to serve yourself :rolleyes: - indulged waaay too much there....

It's not as if on Celebrity the attendant will look at you and say "I don't REALLY think you need more ice cream, do you??" or "I'm pretty sure you already had 2 helpings today, aren't you overdoing it?" :)

Trust me, I know this from much experience...they just happily serve you more...and more...and more...

By the way Linda, wonderful blog and you've made me want to do an Australia/New Zealand cruise even more than I already did! I also cruise solo and I especially appreciate hearing about your solo-related experiences. Thank you for spending the time to do this and enjoy the rest of your fabulous vacation!

It's not as if on Celebrity the attendant will look at you and say "I don't REALLY think you need more ice cream, do you??" or "I'm pretty sure you already had 2 helpings today, aren't you overdoing it?" :)

Trust me, I know this from much experience...they just happily serve you more...and more...and more...

By the way Linda, wonderful blog and you've made me want to do an Australia/New Zealand cruise even more than I already did! I also cruise solo and I especially appreciate hearing about your solo-related experiences. Thank you for spending the time to do this and enjoy the rest of your fabulous vacation!

Thanks to CC I have made the most amazing friends this cruise. So here are some shout outs :

Jann & John whose help, advice and support in the planning was immense

Trish & Peter, Karen & Keith whose friendship is so much appreciated and I expect invites to your 'gaffs' back home

Al & Joanne...... we've laughed so much. Thank you for the gelato!!

Then there's Peggy & Ray, whose friendly 'Hello dear' in the evenings will be much missed

Carolyn & John who were there when I had a secret to keep and didn't push me ;)

And then there's my choir friends this cruise...... one more night then we're on!!!

Valerie & Ian who aren't even on this cruise but have been friends since Rhapsody last year and have advised from afar; and I can't wait to see you next week!!

Hannah & Jeanette also from Rhapsody who took me out in Fremantle.

Hans who kept Cruise 2 in check pre-planning.

Lizzie and Anton, so nice to have 'dined' with you and shared our different trials ;)

And Dick and June who sadly missed everything.

Oh Lord I'm going to have forgotten someone from CC. So many have waved and said hello in passing and I've smiled and waved back. CC has really been an amazing tool for me to not feel 'alone' and certainly NEVER lonely.

I'll be shouting out the crew another time.

Edited by NorbertsNiece

Thanks to CC I have made the most amazing friends this cruise. So here are some shout outs :

Jann & John whose help, advice and support in the planning was immense

Trish & Peter, Karen & Keith whose friendship is so much appreciated and I expect invites to your 'gaffs' back home

Al & Joanne...... we've laughed so much. Thank you for the gelato!!

Then there's Peggy & Ray, whose friendly 'Hello dear' in the evenings will be much missed

Carolyn & John who were there when I had a secret to keep and didn't push me ;)

And then there's my choir friends this cruise...... one more night then we're on!!!

Valerie & Ian who aren't even on this cruise but have been friends since Rhapsody last year and have advised from afar; and I can't wait to see you next week!!

Hannah & Jeanette also from Rhapsody who took me out in Fremantle.

Hans who kept Cruise 2 in check pre-planning.

Lizzie and Anton, so nice to have 'dined' with you and shared our different trials ;)

And Dick and June who sadly missed everything.

Oh Lord I'm going to have forgotten someone from CC. So many have waved and said hello in passing and I've smiled and waved back. CC has really been an amazing tool for me to not feel 'alone' and certainly NEVER lonely.

I'll be shouting out the crew another time.

We are so looking forward to seeing you next week and I'm trying to keep a reasonable weather forecast coming - a bit Goldilocks hopefully ;)

This has really been a trip of a lifetime for you and you are capitalising in spades with everything you have done since you boarded.

And it's not over yet :eek:

Ok.

Enough.

The most outrageous plate of GF goodies just arrived at my door from the Executive Chef. Guess he received my thank you letter.

Stop. I say thank you, you say you're welcome. I complain you fix. That's how it works. I've still got a bottle of wine to drink here.....

I don't ask for anything. We got port fees refunded for Bali and that was sort of expected.

Now I have to find some friends to share...... just scoured known drinking / eating holes and none there.... felt a bit stupid with a huge dome covered plate.

Found some CC friends last night to share my goodies with. Thanks Heather & co.

Clocks went forward an hour overnight..... bleurgh.....

Spent the morning (when I surfaced) packing...... (sob) so as I have little to do tomorrow..... want my last day to be stress free.

Watched the Egg Drop competition.... basically drop 3 raw eggs in shells from Deck 7 onto the carpet in the foyer. Good fun.

There was supposed to be a Solo Cruisers lunch that I attended but no-one else did so I headed for a coffee to see much interest over the starboard rail outside.... many dolphins!!! I clicked for a while then just watched for a while..... can't be doing with seeing life through a camera lens!

Choir rehearsal this afternoon..... three songs now..... have been sure not to pack something suitably 'chic' as well for tonight.

We turn

DSCN9445.jpg

DSCN9446.jpg

DSCN9449.jpg

My little group and I head on down to disembark. Some are wearing green for St Patrick today.

DSCN9450.jpg

DSCN9451.jpg

Please feel free to share these pics on the Ports of Call board for Fisherman Island Grain wharf...... the following are taken whilst walking so a bit more shaky than you have become accustomed to

DSCN9452.jpg

DSCN9459.jpg

I'm more interested in my friend's photos of their helicopter ride yesterday.... over the reef and onto a beach for lunch..... A.M.A.Z.I.N.G

DSCN9463.jpg

DSCN9464.jpg

Apologies for the reflection but her pics were stunning....now THAT'S a way to see the reef.

DSCN9466.jpg

The ride into Brisbane took around 40/5 minutes

DSCN9467.jpg

DSCN9468.jpg

When you get news that render you to tears as you're sitting in a public space typing on a keyboard. That.

Pulls herself together. Sends a dear friend ashore healing thoughts.

It looks overcast but the weather holds all day. Occasional sunshine.

DSCN9469.jpg

That's the Mirimar vessel coming upstream.

DSCN9470.jpg

DSCN9471.jpg

DSCN9472.jpg

DSCN9473.jpg

DSCN9474.jpg

Edited by NorbertsNiece