Godfrey's tours St-Thomas

cosmar

While I haven't taken Godfrey in the past (our preferred company is Henry's Triple E Tours), I've heard nothing but good things about Godfrey and indeed even Henry is very complementary of Godfrey and says he's a good friend. If Henry ever decides to retire before we get back to St. Thomas again, Godfrey's definitely going to be my go-to.

Anybody took one of his tours?

Can they be trusted? Did they give you satisfaction?

I going there next April and they seem to have the best package but I Wonder.....

Did his tour about 10 yrs ago and loved it. He was highly recommended on cruise critic.

Yes. Very good tours.

at th

Try the St. Thomas board for more and better information:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=133

Agree with this

Took his tour in september. Hodji (sp) was our guide and his female friend was in the front of the truck with her. He seemed to talk to her more than to the guests. A little disappointing. We also cut it VERY close to the departure time of our ship. Decent tour at a good price.

Sunny Liston also was decent-a bit noisy - singing and getting every one involved (bit much for us on our own ) but this would great with kids/teens if going with our teen we would rebook this one. He is also a decent guy - He stopped on our way back to pick up a couple who had missed there connection back to the ship (the had taken a ferry to somewhere and where on the main rd trying to get a taxi). He passed them then doubled back - they aked the price and he said the cost was to smile (the youngish girl looked like she was about to cry when we stopped lol). They did tip him nicely ;)

Hi Cosmar,

I would chose them, have not been on there tours, but when I booked a excursion a few years ago to go to Coral World through the ship . Our driver failed to pick us up and left a bunch of us stranded and a Gofreys tour driver came to our rescue and took us back to the ship and he never asked for a full fare and we gave him money that we would have given to the other driver and thanked him so much for doing it. There were 2 vans and the other people were picked up by their driver.

Wendy

Took the tour with Godfrey few years ago, loved it so much, booked another one with him on the next cruise.

Very accommodating, will make every effort to take you where you want to go.

Safe and reliable.

I highly recommend his tours.

Anybody took one of his tours?

Can they be trusted? Did they give you satisfaction?

I going there next April and they seem to have the best package but I Wonder.....

Excellent! i did one of his tours about 5 years ago and it was beyond my expectations.

You're better off reserving a guide in advance for many reasons. Yes, the dispatcher will pair you with a driver, but the better ones rely on internet, TripAdvisor, and word of mouth instead of waiting for passengers from dispatch. The tours at dispatch may not include beach time, whereas the savvy tour taxis include beach time as part of their tours.

There are many good taxi tours other than Godfrey and Sunny Liston. Some that friends of mine have used are David's Fun Tours, Marians, Havefunwithus.net, and others I can't remember right now. They give more information during their tours than those at dispatch. Most of them have good TripAdvisor reviews.

You have to Google for their contact info, but all have a presence on the web.